Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodgood video...

Go down 
+9
alldatndensum
Dynamis
Through The Dark Radio
bassdude
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
Staybrite
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:49 pm

THIS song is EXCELLENT imo. However, video is kinda boring... once again.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:33 am

LOVE IT!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Fantastic new song!  It sound like the band never stopped playing.  Really looking forward to this album.

Guilty/Forgiven

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Counting the days until my CD arrives in the mail bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Wonderful new song from Bloodgood.
It's so cool we can expect a new Bloodgood soon.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:39 pm

I don't understand why people think these videos are boring. I prefer a video with only the band playing not a bunch of story line stuff. Very good. This AND the Stryper video are both great.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:35 pm

Different strokes for different folks (as they say Very Happy  )... my wife and I love music; I love Christian music of all styles, she loves CCM and Country music -
We love to watch music videos too. She will enjoy a music video of my music even if she doesn't care for the music, mainly due to the creativity or story-line that is in it. I too will love a really cool video of her Country music (ie just this morning: The Highway Don't Care by Tim McGraw with Taylor Swift and Keith Urban), without really caring for the music that much. 
My point is, neither of us are entertained by videos of just the band playing - whether they're onstage or in the desert or on top of a roof. There's NO creativity whatsoever. Other peeps love those videos, but you could call me A.D.D. as I lose interest about a minute in. When I was a kid and I personally had "band member worship" where I had a sort of "hero" feeling about each band member of my fav bands, I would be transfixed to videos with "just them".
So all in all, I don't hate the videos, they just don't excite me and my short attention span.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:15 pm

One example off the top of my balding head is Plankeye's Goodbye video. They could have just hung around in the video and performed the beautiful song with different camera angles, but instead they had a simple concept that rang very deep for me. It depicted the band in an elevator (all in slo-mo) and people/families/children/friends/etc, would get on the elevator, ride a floor, then get off. The lyrics were about people coming in and out of your life and how it's difficult to say goodbye - with the final line: "I never took the time to stop and realize that death takes many forms even while alive"
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Les is about 300 years old.....but he still sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 am

bassdude wrote:
Les is about 300 years old.....but he still sounds great!
And he can probably outrun all of us . . . all while singing!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 am

I dunno but I prefer to see a band PLAY in the video instead of watching young, pretty actors and actresses. Story videos can be ok (like Thriller) but with hard rock and metal bands I prefer to see them play their instruments.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 am

Right on MikeInFla, like I said "different strokes..", and it's cuz of people like you who enjoy those videos, that they remain successful - that's a good thing.

Recently I obtained some raw footage of SFC (Christian rap from late 80s/early 90s) and it was so cool to just watch them onstage belting out their old tunes. So I can certainly enjoy video with just the band, especially if there's nothing readily available to watch with them.  I just feel like since we're in 2013 and have so much capabilities at hand to wow people, then a band who's been gone for years and makes their debut, should use as much tech power to leave you awe-struck when the video is over. Just my opinion, and I'm not saying it should be the standard... it would just be nice.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 am

Very nice return to form for the group.  I particularly enjoy the riff (soloing is not bad either). Someone here implied that Les is 300 years old.  Don't know if that holds true or not but he certainly sounds in fine form (regardless of age).  Production is also spot on.  Hope the entire album is like this...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:38 pm

You guys are greatly exaggerating Les Carlson's age.  I'm willing to bet he isn't a day over 150.

ROTFL

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:18 pm

I finally got to watch/listen today.  I must say that I am quite impressed!  The riff is killer, the leads are amazing, and Les sounds better than ever.  You can even hear Michael Bloodgood's bass lines!  If the rest of the album is this good, then we are in for a major treat.

As to the video, I like it.  It's just simple band footage that reintroduces a band nearly forgotten by the Christian rock scene today.  There is no need for a fancy story as the video just makes the statement, "We might be old, but we ain't done yet.  We're here and get ready to be blown away!"

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:49 am

After hearing this song I am looking forward to it more than the new Stryper. Both are gonna be awesome but I await this one with more anticipation!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 am

DITTO !!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Sounds great, and the "old guys" are sounding as solid as ever. However, it seems to me that Les' voice is a bit raspy, particular in the lower registers. On purpose? Age? The stuff I'm smoking? My imagination?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:00 pm

I'll go with age... and hey, pass that stuff here man...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:17 pm

I downloaded the video to my iPod so I can listen to it in my truck. I have to say it has very good bass and bottom end. That's one thing I noticed on the IMR remastered- the original production was rather thin and tinny. Cliffy did a good job on the remaster but the original production wasn't that great. This is very well produced and you can clearly hear everything.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:03 pm

I was never much of a Bloodgood fan and don't find this as good as the new Stryper (who I also wasn't a fan of but at least heard more). This doesn't sound too bad but they should invest in a drum machine to save themselves some money. He is as boring as the video. Sleep

topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm trying hard to like this. The song itself is pretty good but the mastering is very dead on the high end, even when choosing the HD version, and I still don't like the drumming. Are there any better samples of the new album so I can get a better feel for how it really sounds?

Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:08 pm

I always struggled to like the vocals. I tried and I like some pretty gnarly stuff like Megadave but something in Les voice grates on me.
Back to top Go down
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:04 pm

This song is pretty cool, I really like it! Les has one of those voices that people are divided on. Usually people love it or hate it. I happen to really enjoy it. Well done Bloodgood!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:42 am

Bloodgood has announced that the CD is going to be delayed until sometime in November.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Bloodgood video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood video...   Bloodgood video... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood video...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next