Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The best album of Bloodgood (poll)

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Fundy
rockerVu2
7 posters

What's your favorite Bloodgood album?
Metal missionaries.
The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_lcap10%The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Bloodgood
The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_lcap0%The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Detonation
The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_lcap20%The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Rock In A Hard Place
The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_lcap0%The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Out Of The Darkness
The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_lcap20%The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Alive In America?
 0% [ 0 ]
Shankin" The World
 0% [ 0 ]
All Stand Together
The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_lcap40%The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
The Collection
The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_lcap10%The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
To Germany With Love
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The best album of Bloodgood (poll) Empty
PostSubject: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:16 am

Wow I am amazed that Bloodgood released so many albums.
Is there anyone who has listened to "Meta Missionaries" the demo?
Some albums are reissued.
Are there albums you like they will reissue?
Now Oz Fox joined Bloodgood I hope they start to work on a new album.
Let's hear if Oz can rock at Bloodgood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:21 am

avdb11 wrote:

Is there anyone who has listened to "Metal Missionaries" the demo?

Nope, never heard it.

I choose Detonation as my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:08 pm

Bizarrely enough for me, I chose "All Stand Together". It's probably their lightest album, and some of the tracks I'm not to keen on, but a couple are first class, and "Rounded Are The Rocks" has some great lyrics to it.

All their albums are great, to be honest though.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:15 pm

I went with "Out of the Darkness", but might have just as easily picked "Rock in a Hard Place" they are a great band and I really like all 5 of the studio albums I have.

I have never heard their Metal Missionaries" demo.
Sound like it might be time for a rerelease for a lot of their material.

I certainly hope they manage to record all the new music they are reportedly working on with Oz Fox.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:54 pm

I also had to go with "All Stand Together". I love that album!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 9:01 pm

I'll go with The Collection being as it's the only one I have other then To Germany With Love. Great band, just don't have a whole lot by them right now.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 10:17 pm

I went with "Out Of The Darkness"- Bloodgood's all around heaviest album. I hope the bands new music heads in the same type of direction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 12:08 am

"All Stand Together"
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:53 pm

All Stand Together

This album had the best mix of songwriting and production. I like all their albums, but the raw production always kept them from being one of my favorite bands. If Detonation had been made with proper production, BGV's, layered rhythm guitars, etc., that album could have been a monster. Instead, it sounds like a concert instead of a produced album. I'm also not a big fan of Out Of The Darkness.

All that being said, I still like the band, and I'm really excited to hear their new material, especially with Oz Fox in the fold.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:36 pm

Wow, a little surprised to hear so many people pick "All Stand Together" I always thought it was a little too commercial sounding when comared to their previous work. Still a great album, but probably one my least favorites of the studio records.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 8:08 am

There were several factors that made "All Stand Together" my favorite. I had just gotten into Christian metal in 1990 and had never heard of Bloodgood. In '91, they released "All Stand Together" which was my first time to hear them. I loved their sound and how polished it was. I loved what they had to say on that record.

Then, I went back and discovered their back catalog. I like that too, but I would love to hear all the old stuff remastered.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:04 am

There is so much good older stuff that can be remastered.
I think a good job for Retroactive.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:12 am

Retroactive would do a better job than KMG did with their reissues of the first four Bloodgood discs. KMG owns the rights to them as they bought out Intense Records years ago. So, in order for a Retroactive release to happen, they would have to buy or lease the rights to that material. In many cases, it is cheaper for the band to just record the old stuff again.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:15 am

That's interesting I think when a band will record and remix an older album again.
I think that's cool to get new intro's cool and more modern influences.
The lyrics stay the same, but music can a new recorded and remastered CD give the old stuff a new sound.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:25 pm

I'm not even sure remastering some of those old albums would improve the sound much. It might be cool if they rerecorded some of their classics (they did talk about doing this at one time). But I would probably be happier if they recorded some new stuff with Oz.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:26 pm

I think that a new CD will come before they redo any classics.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:35 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I'm not even sure remastering some of those old albums would improve the sound much. It might be cool if they rerecorded some of their classics (they did talk about doing this at one time). But I would probably be happier if they recorded some new stuff with Oz.

My thoughts exactly. Let the classics be the classics. Give us new music!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best album of Bloodgood (poll)   The best album of Bloodgood (poll) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best album of Bloodgood (poll)
Page 1 of 1