Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should I change my name?

Go down 
+6
Staybrite
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
Driven
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

To what should I change my name?
Keep it to danielbandfan
Should I change my name? I_vote_lcap78%Should I change my name? I_vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Xanadian
Should I change my name? I_vote_lcap0%Should I change my name? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
TomSawYa
 0% [ 0 ]
Driven
 0% [ 0 ]
ForceTen
Should I change my name? I_vote_lcap22%Should I change my name? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Should I change my name? Empty
PostSubject: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:59 pm

The idea was suggested by some of y'all. So I'm accepting suggestions and ideas about what I should use as my new moniker. I want it to have something to do with Rush… so, here's what I thought.
- Xanadian: Xanadu, and I'm Canadian.
- TomSawYa: Classic song, and I like ApologetiX. (I think G/F would vote for that…)
- Driven: Great song, and I like to drive.
- ForceTen: Also a classic song.

Your vote is appreciated! (no, I don't give out I Voted stickers)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:48 pm

While it's good to show your love for a band in your user name... that may change as time goes by (personal experience as "ApologetiXFreak")
Xanadu reminds me way too much of the cheesy movie/song from the 70s and the score that included the collaboration with ELO and Olivia Newton John on the Xanadu song... while I have to admit I like and have that song... it's certainly not the greatest song.
TomSawYa would be something I as an Apo fan as well as a Rush fan would like and DO like... still wouldn't choose that as a permanent "Hello, my name is TomSawYa"  - just doesn't work for me.
Driven has appeal for many reasons, as we are or should be Driven to follow Christ and please the Father - as well as to be driven to do our best in all things as God would have us do. It's first impression to me is that of Rob Rock's band Driver... which is not a bad thing either (that title definitely falls into 2nd place)

ForceTen is just plain Awesome sounding ! I chose it merely based on the cool sound, but would really like to know more behind the name.... what's it's meaning, does it have something deep and meaningful that you can apply to yourself as a person/believer ?  I'd like to hear more about that name, in case I decide to fall back on Driven.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:07 pm

I would just leave it the same.  We are all used to it.  It is easy on us old folks to remember who you are.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 am

We all are getting used to Danielbandfan.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:26 am

I'm curious why some here have suggested you change your username. ??? Though you do seem more of a Bill Menchen fan. I'm not even sure I've seen a post where you've mentioned the Daniel Band. That also is curious.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:23 pm

I say change if it you want to.
But the Driven name reminds me of "Michael Drive" aka "Michael Lee" aka "Michael Naeyert" aka "Whatever he is calling himself this week" (the on again/off again singer of Barren Cross). So I wouldn't vote for that one myself.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:31 am

One of the reasons I'd change away from danielbandfan is… it's not even my own name. I kinda stole it from a guy on YouTube (whom I actually met, at a show in Ottawa).

In case you haven't heard my story of Christian rock, topshot, you can look at it here and see why I called myself that:
http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/my-story-of-metal/
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:34 am

Your early years of enjoying tunes in your parent's vehicle shaping what you enjoy today should be the topic of a mass study. I think that has been the case through the ages of recorded music.
The same kind of memories from when I was around 8 can be brought up when I hear Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty as well as a host of other songs, then a bit later around 11 and 12 I used to get rides by my brothers who played Rush, Van Halen, Nugent, Floyd, Genesis, Billy Squier etc - all that music takes me to a place. A good place, a happy place, a safe place. Music in itself is amazing.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Keep it the same. Reminds me of when I was in high school I worked at kMart. I forgot my name tag one day so I borrowed one for a girl named Misty. So I wore hers for the longest time! Then I made one up that had the name "Schladmihndahznick" on it hahaha.  Keep danielbandfan. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:02 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Keep it the same. Reminds me of when I was in high school I worked at kMart. I forgot my name tag one day so I borrowed one for a girl named Misty. So I wore hers for the longest time! Then I made one up that had the name "Schladmihndahznick" on it hahaha.  Keep danielbandfan. I like it.
I used to work at a restaurant at the Seattle/Tacoma Airport. I mostly washed dishes and cooked, but on occasion I had to bus the tables as well. It was company policy that you wear a name tag if you were out exposed to the public. The company had our names engraved on our name tags so I wore my "Gary" name tag for several months until I accidentally tossed it in the washer/dryer and broke it. I needed a temporary one, and had to pick one from a drawer in the bosses office, I found one that said "Chuck" and wore it for the next several months....it was great being a Chuck.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 2:29 pm

I kinda like ForceTen . . . got a nice ring to it.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Like Force Ten From Navarone!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:40 pm

A majority wants me to stay as dbf… and the rest have voted for ForceTen.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm

I say keep it as is... OR change your name AND avatar so nobody knows who you are!  No, that'd just be confusing...  I dunno, you could just do what I did and use your real name?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:13 pm

That IS his real name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
That IS his real name Very Happy
lol! 

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:23 am

The ONLY reason I suggested a change at all is, we should never identify ourselves with ONE specific band (as I did with ApologetiXFreak back in the day) - tastes change, people change. Sure, he may still love Daniel Band as I still love ApologetiX, but using that as your screen name BOXES you in to that band only for years.
If I could stay consistent with this method of screen names, I would currently be "CrystavoXFreak"... but then that would change after awhile too....

Just my humble opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Very Happy @ Through The Dark Radio.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Maybe he should change it to PlacateTheMasses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Maybe he should change it to PlacateTheMasses Very Happy
Naw, it's not my band, and it could be that one of the members joins…
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Then how about PlacateTheMassesFan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't think I'm a fan of PTM. I write some of their songs/riffs. Razz
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:14 am

danielbandfan wrote:
I don't think I'm a fan of PTM. I write some of their songs/riffs. Razz
Not a fan???? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:04 am

You should be a fan of your own work. It seems conceited but really, it's just good business.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Wait, you mean killing isn't his business??? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I change my name?   Should I change my name? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I change my name?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next