Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jim's Excellent Adventure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Jim's Excellent Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 pm

So today was my paid day off that was coming to me. I got up at a fairly early hour and ventured down to Riverside and San Bernardino (about 1 1/2 hour drive) and hit over a dozen thrift stores. Was quite fun and much needed rest for the mind/emotions (with all that's been going on).
So here are my scores for the day (almost 40 cds and about 17 LPs)... quite a few interesting ones, several cool ones, and a couple mysterious ones:

Jim's Excellent Adventure Img_0910

Very excited about the Mustard Seed Faith album as well as the White Heart and John Fischer (others not shown were no big deal 50 cent albums- Benny Hester, Michelle Pillar, Kathy Troccolli, Rick Wakeman, Isaac Air Freight comedy, and a couple compilations)

Jim's Excellent Adventure Img_0911

Yes, I have eclectic tastes (for those of you not that familiar with me)
EVERYTHING you see here cost me not a penny more than 40 bucks !! Great deal eh ?

The most odd one I have is a band called Crimson Mercy. There's NOTHING on the internet about them, but they are 100% Christian and the album is autographed by all 5 members. Better yet, they sound great ! I'd describe them as a bit alternative with some 77s or The Choir taste to them. Very cool find indeed.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Oh and this was waiting for me when I got home....

Jim's Excellent Adventure Img_0912
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Wow Jim, you sure look happy. Know wuddya mean?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 am

Sounds like you had a great day, wish I could have gone with you!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:09 am

Previously, it was really cool to have my ex-son-in-law to "music hunt" with me (even if he was an atheist). You have no idea how cool it would be to have you hangin with me on an excursion like that. A like-minded Christian to music hunt for the day.
Course then we'd end up fighting over who gets what Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:26 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Previously, it was really cool to have my ex-son-in-law to "music hunt" with me (even if he was an atheist). You have no idea how cool it would be to have you hangin with me on an excursion like that. A like-minded Christian to music hunt for the day.
I kind of doubt there would be any fighting, probably more like us looking for things the other might want. Laughing Laughing 

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Wow ,looks like you fun. Just be careful of your spending and don't go into your retirement fund.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I kind of doubt there would be any fighting, probably more like us looking for things the other might want. Laughing Laughing 
 True dat bro, true dat
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:06 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Wow ,looks like you fun. Just be careful of your spending and don't go into your retirement fund.
 Meh, can't take it with you I always say. I've got the bills covered, charities and offerings... so whatever's left is MINE !! ALL MINE !!! MUAHAHAHAAAAAaaaaaaaa...... ok maybe not mine exactly--- what my wife gives me is mine. Laughing

Oh and I don't believe in retirement. No one in my family or relatives have ever retired. They all worked till they dropped dead.. some dropped dead AT work... so, that ain't happenin
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Heck you probably spent as much in gas and lunch (or more) then you did on music.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:51 pm

I see you've found lots of Cds you really like.

I saw Ten - The Birthday album, curious how that sounds.

Lucky you Jim with the original Rage Of Angels CD.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Quote :
I saw Ten - The Birthday album, curious how that sounds.
 Great CDs Vonnie. One cd has bands playing songs that other bands wrote, and the other cd has classic songs from their label. I like them !

Quote :
Heck you probably spent as much in gas and lunch (or more) then you did on music.
Yep, spent 40 bucks just in gas. But I wasn't that hungry, only had a chicken sandwich from KFC and about 4 bottles of water... I was on a mission man !!! Food just slowed me down !
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:40 am

I would love to add Legend Seven - Blind Faith to my collection.
Great band.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:26 am

I would love to add their self titled first album to my collection -"Legend"
I've pretty much given up even looking for that one. It's not only rare, it's hard to find cuz of the generic name.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:34 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Lucky you Jim with the original Rage Of Angels CD.
Jim,correct me if I'm wrong but I think that is a vinyl LP ,not a CD.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:05 am

Yep, it's the vinyl version. Got an mp3 copy from an original CD, and now I own the record. Such a good album !
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:16 am

Keep searching Guilty/Forgiven.

Ordering CDs I like it giving me a hard time.
It takes long ... very long before they can be found in my mailbox.
Maybe it takes longer before they arrive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Excellent Adventure   Jim's Excellent Adventure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jim's Excellent Adventure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: