Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No Love for Seventh Avenue ?

Go down 
+10
Pro-Zak
topshot rhit
Mac
rockerVu2
mr.electric40
bassdude
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

No Love for Seventh Avenue ? Empty
PostSubject: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Just curious... seems here and other threads there's a lot of love given to Theocracy, and for GOOD reason- they're the greatest (imo).

But I don't understand why there isn't more love for Seventh Avenue ? I mean, the more I listen to them I am blown away at what an incredibly talented band they are ! And except for a couple repetitious songs, almost all their songs are freakin amazing !!
I'm loving them more everyday, as much if not more than Theocracy.

Am I missing something ? Is there a reason people practically never even mention Seventh Avenue ? I mean aside from the silly name, I would think more people would be digging on this band and all their albums.

Your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:47 pm

I'm one who loves SA.  I think they're were pretty much the only band I can think of that got better with every release.  I thought Between The Worlds was really good, but Eternals was even better and had some really stonkin' tracks on it.  Terium is brilliant though, and I love the concept style that Mike Pfluger wrote about Jesus on another planet.  Really great stuff.

Very sad when I heard they've split up, but their back catalogue keeps me going!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 pm

I just couldn't get into them.  I have owned and traded away all of their stuff.  Maybe someday I will give them another chance.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm not a huge power metal fan, but I have their last 3 albums and like quite a few tracks from each. I love their cover of Survivor's "Burning Heart".

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Love Seventh Avenue.....Terium was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Honestly...  I was outta the scene during their 'heyday' if you will....  The few tunes I've heard have been ok, but nothing that blew me away....  now Herbies new outfit... Sinbreed.... YEAH!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:45 am

I don't think Herbie is in Sinbreed anymore (although I could be wrong).  He wanted to do some non christian stuff for more appeal.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:46 am

Here's Mike's email when SA finished...

Hi, this will be the final Avenue newsletter. Why the final? Why, one thing is: I have left the band and another is:
Seventh Avenue is not any longer in the way you know it. T
his is heavy news, I know. But let me explain. We haven’t
parted badly. I just came
clear with the knowing that I don’t have the same goals with the music as Herbie, Flo and Markus have.

We discussed a lot about our music and about Seventh Avenue. It came out, that the name “Seventh Avenue” is
associated with white metal. And this is not wrong at all. But it is prejudicial to have commercial success, to be booked
for „regular“ festivals and shows. Many people, and more important: many reviewers are not impartial if they know
about our Christian background. That’s why there will be a new band which enters the music scene with a “clean
image”. Of course, this doesn’t changes our attitude to the belief.

The last sixteen years have been a good and an important period for me. And I regret almost nothing.
Herbie, Flo and Markus will find a new drummer and keep on rocking under a new name.

I thank you all for your loyalty to Seventh Avenue.
Mike

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:56 am

I never was a big Seventh Avenue fan.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 am

Love Seventh Avenue. I think Eternals is my favorite. Sinbreed is a good band too!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Fundy wrote:
I'm one who loves SA.  I think they're were pretty much the only band I can think of that got better with every release.  I thought Between The Worlds was really good, but Eternals was even better and had some really stonkin' tracks on it.  Terium is brilliant though, and I love the concept style that Mike Pfluger wrote about Jesus on another planet.  Really great stuff.
I'd rank the same as Fundy but I've never thought they were great, just good. I'd get tired listening to them repeatedly, which wouldn't happen with Theocracy, who also got better with each release IMHO.

Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Quite different from Theocracy, more fast/galloping style and less hooks and riffs, why I don't much care for Sinbreed either...
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 am

never heard 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Shocked

Here's your chance to hear them!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 pm

[STORY: The night approached its end. The morning broke up over Rioda. We eleven sat together. Siroc committed suicide after he heard of Ratis dead. This had been three days ago. Three long days and nothing had happened. No angel, no prophecy, nothing. Were we all mistaken? Had Ratis only been a beguiler? But all the miracles? I Didn't know how often we played the Holocast. But why didn't happen anything? Grief begun to prevail.
Suddenly we heard a known voice: "Why are you so down?" I looked up, I couldn't believe my eyes. There was Ratis standing. Alive. Healthy. What happened? We all weren't able to say a word. After a short while we all started to speak at once; Ratis only had a big grin on his face. He lifted his hands to get us quiet. "Read the prophets", he said. "You knew it, but you didn't believe. I will only be with you for a short time now. Only say a few things. But you will have to carry on. The Terium is defeated. It lost all its effect in the thunderstorm. At the same time my father had taken away all addiction. There is no human being addicted to Terium any more. People will continue their lives from the point they took Terium first. They will die again and they will have children again. They will become ill again and they will have their free will again. The most didn't even recognize this yet, but they will soon. I guess, for the most it will be rather aggravating, because their live has an end again. They will have to think about death again. For now the fallen has lost his sting, but he will grow another one." Ratis looked around. He continued: ,,Now it's your turn. Go and spray the good news, that there still is a Creator and that he still wants to have community with men. You will find open ears and closed ones, but you have to go. Don't hide away! Now there is a new era beginning!"
After twenty days Ratis said that he had to leave now. We were gathered in our assembly hall, formerly the big temple. After the Terium was gone, all the priests committed suicide or disappeared. Pontius hadn't been seen or heard for sixteen days now. Ratis stood amidst us, lifted his hands and blessed us all. Then he looked up and suddenly he disappeared. We all knew that he was finally gone now, but we also knew that he only was a prayer away. And so we started the new era. End (for the time being)]

None on the roads. No one is out there.
Rioda's like dead. Completely deserted.
Two women only. Searching for comfort.
Where is the saviour why had he to die just why, tell me why.

Men sitting there. Seemed to be waiting.
Like angels they are. Speaking to women.
He is not here. Why do you seek him
between the dead. Already risen by now.

[REFRAIN:]
As the prophets said.
Would be put to death.
But he'll rise again.
He's the saviour of all.
End the reign of death.
Reject Terium.
Returns glorious.
Lay the foundations for the new era.

Disciples are down. No one could cheer up.
Three days he is dead. Only mistake?
He comes to them. Standing among them.
Giving them hope. Cause they will paving the way for new era

As the prophets said.
Would be put to death.
But he'll rise again.
He's the saviour of all.
End the reign of death.
Reject Terium.
Returns glorious.

[BRIDGE:]
Slowly they grasp things they've heard times before.
Open the door spread the good news outside.
There is more to see
than Terium's lie.
Cause the time has come
that the saviour will start his reign.

As the prophets said.
Would be put to death.
But he'll rise again.
He's the saviour of all.
End the reign of death.
Reject Terium.
Returns glorious.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:30 pm

No Love for Seventh Avenue ? $(KGrHqFHJBkFH)yUIO9wBR+7ZVtoow~~_32

looks killer metal to me!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:04 pm

affraid 

ummm, no.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:24 pm

That's not the same one.

I like Seventh Avenue. Smile
The metal one.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 am

Welcome aboard of CHM xenonlion.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Hello rockerVu2! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:02 am

Great stuff! I have most of their albums and was able to see them perform live twice. Unfortunately they broke up. I would have loved to hear some more Seventh Avenue.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm

unworthy wrote:
No Love for Seventh Avenue ? $(KGrHqFHJBkFH)yUIO9wBR+7ZVtoow~~_32

looks killer metal to me!!
LOL! That's as bad as the Facebook SNAFU for Resurrection Band:

No Love for Seventh Avenue ? Begpardon

Clicking on the name redirects to the correct place, however: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Resurrection-Band/112050415473875
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Love for Seventh Avenue ?   No Love for Seventh Avenue ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Love for Seventh Avenue ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: