Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

David Ellefson new book

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

David Ellefson new book Empty
PostSubject: David Ellefson new book   David Ellefson new book I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Looking forward to reading this.

http://mauce.nl/site/2013/david-ellefson-autobiography-my-life-with-deth-due-in-october/comment-page-1/#comment-20097
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: David Ellefson new book   David Ellefson new book I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Just finished this book a couple days ago btw. Great read, I recommend it for fans of the Megadeth boys who've come to faith.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: David Ellefson new book   David Ellefson new book I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:52 pm

What if your not really a Megadeth fan...would it still be an engaging read?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: David Ellefson new book   David Ellefson new book I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:11 pm

I would say yes. There's a huge difference between Mustaine and Ellefson's books. And there's a huge difference in what people like in a book... what makes a book an interesting read to them personally.

I liked both books. I would recommend Mustaine to any non-believer who digs the 80s metal/thrash scene and interested in the history of it and Megadeth in particular - it's a no-holds-barred memoir of his megadeth journey (with lots of Metallica frustration and a fair share of foul language - but a great ending with he and his wife and kids all in the faith and serious about the Bible). So Mustaine is a great gateway for a non-believer.

Ellefson's has no foul language, but still doesn't hold back the ugly side of addiction, which is a large premise for the book - Addiction and rehab and the cycle of it all... ultimately in surrendering himself and his family to the Lord. This book is more about learning from mistakes and teaching those who have not made those mistakes yet, to NOT make them in the first place.  It's a good history of not just Megadeth, but the music biz and all the other bands he was involved with over the years. Each chapter has a "THOUGHT" that ends it - something that makes a good point, a profound thought basically. It ends well with him rejoining Megadeth with a whole new perspective being born again and sober.

So again, yes, I am biased cuz I loved Megadeth since the day I heard them in the mid 80s, but aside from my bias, I'd recommend Ellefson's as a good read for a believer who lived the whole 80s metal scene and has come to faith.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: David Ellefson new book   David Ellefson new book I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Sounds like I might enjoy the Ellefson book over the MegaDave one. Thanks for the description/insight.

PostSubject: Re: David Ellefson new book   David Ellefson new book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Ellefson new book
Page 1 of 1