Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sardis

Go down 
+11
fishingd
xenonlion
Redeemed Fool
Ahlitah
Through The Dark Radio
lifemetal
Staybrite
alldatndensum
mr.electric40
rockerVu2
kerrick
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lifemetal

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-08-02

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:15 pm

Yeah the record is completely mixed and mastered. The money from the kickstarter is primarily for the production of the physical copies. Secondly, the money will pay for the shirts and posters (many of which will hopefully be sent out as perks). We also made sure to account for shipping charges when we set the goal so that we wouldn't be suddenly slammed with charges if the goal is met.

So, to anyone considering supporting this project, there is essentially no risk involved. The art and booklet layout are already being worked on and should be finished soon. We've even set up the disk order (just not finalized and paid for it yet).
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:33 pm

what US only shipping and MP3 files?!

Lossless downloads should be avail, plus CAN shipping as well.

But I guess if you want to limit your KS, its your decision.

Last edited by Ahlitah on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Listening to this and am really liking what I hear. Hope you can get this done. I don't do KS, but I will get this if it makes it to dl status on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:37 pm

I just might have to break my Kickstarter ban to join this one.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Let me pay some bills first and then I will be adding my backing to this.  I have been awaiting this project for several years, Kevin!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Although the Guardian fiasco has left a bad taste in my mouth over Kickstarter, I am now officially a backer in a band I truly believe in.  I think that Sardis is definitely going to bring the classic metal to life with their album!  Kevin is an awesome shredder!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:41 pm

^Aww yeah!  It's going to be a good one for sure.  Their demo gets regular play from me and if the rest of the album is anything like those two songs... well, it's going to be one heck of a rad album!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:52 pm

I also put it on the Christian Hard Music site as we now have over 400 members there and many do not post here.

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:22 pm

I thought this was the CHM site. Now i'm more confused then usual.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 pm

I think he meant CMR.  Or maybe he meant to post that ^ on the CMR...  Dang, I'm confused now too!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:20 pm

huh huh, you said MR.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I thought this was the CHM site. Now i'm more confused then usual.

I guess I should have been more specific.  I put it on the CHM FACEBOOK page.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 5:20 pm

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes sense now.   geek
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:11 pm

Ahlitah wrote:
what US only shipping and MP3 files?!

Lossless downloads should be avail, plus CAN shipping as well.

But I guess if you want to limit your KS, its your decision.

Thank you for pointing this out. I'm pleased and honored that you were interested enough to look into this. 

Until I read your message I was actually unaware that our KS was closed off to internationals because it was our singer, not me, who set it up. 

Anyway, after some research into shipping costs/logistics we added 3 international tiers (not including the digital only package which was already international). 
Unfortunately we did have to charge more for these (5 usd) but literally all of that money is there for shipping costs. As I mentioned in a previous post, we arrived at our goal figure by budgeting production costs and shipping costs. This isn't a get rich quick scheme and there won't be money left over for us to pocket at the end. However, we have discussed what might happen if we overshoot our goal but even that money would be put back into the band. The idea of a music video (or similar) has been raised, but that's a bridge we'll cross if and when we get to it.

As for digital files, all of us in Sardis are big supporters of high quality audio files. I believe Sean put mp3 in the description because it is the 'correct' marketing buzzword. We have since changed the description to read 'digital download' and backers will have the option of mp3 or FLAC. 

*edit* I see now that not all of the descriptions have been updated yet but what I said is true for all packages.

Thanks again for your interest, we had no intention of alienating anyone in this. Please keep in mind that this is the first time we've attempted anything like this.

Last edited by lifemetal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Also, Staybrite and Redeemed Fool, I understand people who don't like the idea of Kickstarter but I can tell you this, we are probably more anxious for people to finally get this than they will be to receive it  Laughing

Whatever you choose to do though, I do thank you for checking it out. 

Alldat, thank you so much! Also, that reminds me, I've been wanting to buy your album, but I wasn't sure what the best way to do that would be. I thought if you had copies yourself I'd buy one from you so you get all the money.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:48 pm

I have copies!  You can order from the website (www.missionofone.com) or just send $12 (includes shipping) to me via PayPal at:  alldatndensum @ yahoo . com.  (remove spaces, of course!)

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:48 am

Sardis sounds very promissing.
I'm interested to order the debut CD of Sardis.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 am

lifemetal wrote:
Thank you for pointing this out. I'm pleased and honored that you were interested enough to look into this. 

Until I read your message I was actually unaware that our KS was closed off to internationals because it was our singer, not me, who set it up. 

*edit* I see now that not all of the descriptions have been updated yet but what I said is true for all packages.

Thanks again for your interest, we had no intention of alienating anyone in this. Please keep in mind that this is the first time we've attempted anything like this.

Thanks for the updates, I have now pledged for the digital tier since I want some lossless goodness!

Unless the CD is going to be special with really fancy cover art. I might splurge and update my pledge for an one with a Cd. Even if I have no room for cds anymore!

I do like what i've heard, so looking forward to this!

I understand about the shipping costs, $5 is not too bad. Compared to other music KS i've seen (and not pledged) due excessive charges on intl shipping.
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks for the info Alldat, I will be doing that soon.

rockerVu2: I'm glad you like what you've heard. We'd be happy to have you as a backer.

Ahlitah: Thank you! I'm glad we got that figured out. As for the cover, I contacted our graphic designer earlier today and I'm waiting to hear back from him. We actually commissioned a painting from a friend of ours for the cover/back cover (and we've had that for some time now) so all the designer is working on is text, layout and formatting. We hope to have it ready to show very soon.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Way cool!  I'm looking forward to seeing how the cover art turns out.  What's the painting of?

(p.s. as soon as I leave work, I've got my Sardis shirt in my car ready to be changed into  Headbang )
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:53 am

Backed the project as well.
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:32 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Backed the project as well.

Thank you so much!

Kerrick, I don't want to give too much away but just this weekend I got what should be the final 3 options and they look awesome. So once we select one, it shouldn't be too long before we post it. 

Also, keep your eyes and ears out for some possible new live footage as well as another song to stream from the album soon.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 am

Awesome dude!  Well I'll just be patient then until y'all pick the final cover.   Cool
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:32 pm

I always think of the TARDIS whenever I see Sardis. Every single time.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:01 am

When can we expect the debut album from Sardis?
Will it be a full length album?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sardis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sardis
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: