Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sardis

Go down 
+11
fishingd
xenonlion
Redeemed Fool
Ahlitah
Through The Dark Radio
lifemetal
Staybrite
alldatndensum
mr.electric40
rockerVu2
kerrick
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey all!  Since there are a lot of classic/heavy metal fans here, I have a feeling many of you are going to really dig Sardis.  The singer is an old friend from the Becoming The Archetype forum and is a great guy.  You can check out their facebook and purevolume to listen to some tunes.  I have their demo tape and it's great!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Will check Sardis out.
Need to listen to some songs of Sardis.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Definitely a traditional metal vibe going on here.... but not always!! listening to Resuscitation... a few left turns....

Pretty good....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Love their songs and I can't wait to hear a full length album.  They've been working on it about as long as I have the Mission Of One album.  Kevin Hasselquist, their lead guitarist, actually played on two songs of my album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 am

Cool!  Last I heard, they were reviewing the master...  I can't wait for the full-length either.

mr.electric40 wrote:
Definitely a traditional metal vibe going on here.... but not always!! listening to Resuscitation... a few left turns....

Pretty good....

I really like Resuscitation a lot; it's definitely my favorite of theirs that I've heard so far.  Yeah they got a lot of different influences for sure and it's hard to pin them down as any one style/genre.  Somewhere I remember hearing the idea thrown around of turning Sardis into a death metal band, though I'm pretty content with the style(s) they're pursuing now...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:01 am

Listened to the Sardis songs.
The music is great, the guitar sound very good.
Hope that first full length album of Sardis will be released soon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:46 pm

I will definitely be getting their album when it's finally finished. Love their sound, and wish more younger bands were playing music like this.

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-08-02

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:25 am

Hello everybody! This is Kevin from Sardis. I was once a very active member of the Christian Metal Realm (where I know many of you also post) and after a long break from posting there I've come back albeit to a fairly limited degree for now. In any case, I found this forum through Alldat's sig on the CMR (though I think I have been here long ago just read a couple of times). Anyway, I say all this to let you guys know that I probably won't be posting here a lot having already rejoined one forum and I plan to rejoin another very soon, but I saw this thread and wanted to give you guys some kind of update. 

First of all thanks so much kerrick for starting this thread, we really appreciate the word-of-mouth support. Also, Alldat: you're awesome and have always been very supportive. I hope the future will find us doing more collaborations. 

The rest of you - your kind words mean more than you know. 

So here's the deal with the album, I'll start with a brief history. We started tracking this album in either 08 or 09 I can't remember but I know this much, we tracked drums first when our drummer was 15 and he is now 20 and married! Crazy stuff. Since we began tracking, the process has been practically a comedy of errors and certainly a lesson in when and when not to start promoting a product. The funny thing is that I initially put this band together specifically to record this album. I never would have dreamed it would take this long. That said, I've heard the album several times now and I really think it will be worth the wait for those of you who have been with us for a while. 

Anyway, I am pleased to say that last month Sardis approved of the final album master and it is ready to go into production. In the very near future (probably this coming week) I will be communicating with several inde labels to see if any of them want to pick it up. If not there will still be a physical release but we will have to fund it ourselves meaning it might take a little longer. Regardless of that situation my goal is for the album to be released before 2014. 

I also wanted to mention that the song "Cries of the Dead" on our reverbnation is a FREE DOWNLOAD so you should all go and grab that and put it on your ipods or whatever.

Thanks again for listening and all your support!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:29 am

Good luck if those indie labels are Retroactive or Roxx.  I didn't even get a rejection notice back.  One of those, when asked if they got my files, admitted to not even listening to them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Welcome to CHM lifemetal.
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:01 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Good luck if those indie labels are Retroactive or Roxx.  I didn't even get a rejection notice back.  One of those, when asked if they got my files, admitted to not even listening to them.

Yeah, both of those are on the list. However, I'm not even really expecting anything to come of it, I just figured what have we got to lose? I've actually been in contact with Retroactive a couple of times before, but given how long it's taken to get this ready to go, I'm afraid that all I've really done is damage our credibility with them. 

And the thing is, it will be a sacrifice, but we'll come up with the money to put it out ourselves if it comes to that. The biggest loss would be the distribution and promotion. Both of those labels have access to the largest percentage of our target market worldwide. And probably a lot of those people will never hear about us if we do it ourselves. Even then it's not a big deal I guess, this whole thing has really been a labor of love.

Also they aren't the only two, so who knows? Actually Rottweiler Records might be a better fit considering they signed our friends The Order of Elijah who we've played many shows with.

And thanks, rockerVu2
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Any news???
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:20 am

kerrick wrote:
Any news???
Not yet unfortunately. I got emails requesting physical copies from a couple of people but I wasn't able to get those shipped until this Monday, so they might not have even reached their destinations yet. I'll keep you posted if there's any news.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Gotcha; thanks for keeping us posted!
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:36 am

Still waiting. At the end of this week I'm going to contact them to make sure they got the package. In the meantime though, I found some old concert footage from 2011.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm cranking Resuscitation right now.  Is that going to be on the full-length too?  I really like that song.  Very Happy  Also, is there a chance you'd like to share the lyrics for the demo songs you've released?
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 3:39 am

kerrick wrote:
I'm cranking Resuscitation right now.  Is that going to be on the full-length too?  I really like that song.  Very Happy  Also, is there a chance you'd like to share the lyrics for the demo songs you've released?
Yes Resuscitation will be on the album, I'm glad you like it. As for lyrics, if I find a good way to put them up online I could do that. It's a concept album so the lyrics will definitely make more sense when you can hear it all together. I am however, currently talking to a friend of mine who does video work about doing a lyric video for Cries of the Dead. It might not hurt to see what he could do with Resuscitation.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Cool!  Glad to hear Resuscitation is on the album.  Smile  I'm looking forward to reading the lyrics through then!  Any progress updates for the album?
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Well, I got the Resuscitation lyrics posted if you guys want to check those out. I hadn't previously realized that facebook lets bands do notes just like normal profiles.

In other news, I've pretty much given up on all but one of the labels I initially contacted. However, a local venue owner who likes us and has hosted us on many occasions is just starting a label. If the last potential label is a no go then I am going to talk to this local friend of ours.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Cool thanks!  Saw those online yesterday.  Smile  Sucks to hear the labels haven't been coming through for you.  I hope one of those two options works out well!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Hope ya get with a label soon.
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Hey everybody! Long time no see. I have an update about Sardis, even if it's kind of mixed news. None of the labels we contacted were interested, only one of them (Bill Roxx) even got back with us at all.  On the plus side, he seems like a really cool dude and I think its possible he just forgot to check it out. But I suppose it's equally possible that he didn't like it/find it marketable/whatever. 

In any case, we more or less expected that no one would pick it up so we are moving on undeterred. We strongly believe in our music and I think we can make believers out of skeptics. That said, we have launched a kickstarter for the album, and we would love it if you took the time to check it out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1371751157/sardis-full-length-album-escape

There is a video at the top that includes an album preview you make sure you don't miss that. 

Anyway, thank you guys for your previous interest, we would be honored to have your future support.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Already "backed" this project!  Very Happy  Can't wait for the release!!!
Back to top Go down
lifemetal

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:44 pm

kerrick wrote:
Already "backed" this project!  Very Happy  Can't wait for the release!!!

Thanks man, we are excited as well!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:29 am

You bet!  Haha I'm sure you're all mighty excited indeed.   Cool   This album's been a long-time coming!  So what all else needs to happen for it?  Everything's recorded, yes?  Too bad the record labels weren't more responsive, though these days it seems that self-producing it has many perks as well.  Either way, I'm just stoked it'll soon be a reality!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sardis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardis   Sardis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sardis
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: