Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

White Metal Show with Keven Crothers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

White Metal Show with Keven Crothers Empty
PostSubject: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 am

I know this link has been passed around a lot over the years, but in case you missed it!

Back in the 80's Keven did a "pre-podcast" show called The White Metal Show on cassette. You had to send a cassette in to have him copy it for you.

This link gives details of each show and a download link for 8 of the 9 shows he did. 

While the recording quality, as expected, is weak at times, the historical value is immense for fans of 80s Christian metal. He played a lot of demo material and it was fun to see the genre grow over the life of the show.

http://www.megiloth.com/music/whitemetalshows.htm
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Very cool!
Keven has a new show and an album review site that he posts updates for us here at CHM.
Hey posts here under the name MrElectric40.

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Those were some really cool episodes! My older brother actually has a few cassette copies of some of the episodes. Mr. Electric aka Kevin Crothers also hosts the Heavens Metal Podcasts and is an inspiration to Rob and his radio endeavors!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:35 pm

yeah I was about 12 when I made those.... LOL ..... 

thanks for all the kuddos... they were fun and I never in a million years would've thought they'd be talked about in 2013....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:01 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:
yeah I was about 12 when I made those.... LOL ..... 

thanks for all the kuddos... they were fun and I never in a million years would've thought they'd be talked about in 2013....

What you've done on The White Metal Show and are still doing on The Heavens Metal Podcast has been an inspiration to me doing The Anvil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Keven...

When i first found about them last year, i started listening to them while i did my daily walk. Over 20 years since you made them and you STILL introduced me to some bands i had never heard of..lol
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:15 am

Wow !! thanx bought4life for allowing us this great opportunity to obtain these classics. And thanx to mr.electric for being an awesome part of Christian music history ! Without shows like yours and Rocksalt, I would still think that Stryper was the only Christian metal band out there Laughing
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I've been going through some old tapes I have.... compilations of some old demos.... found some stuff I have no idea who it is....

I have an educated guess.... but its still a guess...  Toying with doing a Time Machine version of the Heavens Metal podcast.... back to 1987......   lots of stuff happened in 87..... perhaps I'd discuss some of it and play some stuff you might not of ever heard....

But chances are you have heard it....  with the net ..... its amazing what you can find...

Anyone ever hear the band DOUBLE EDGE....?  not DUAL EDGE.... they released a single in 1987 and thats all I know.... but I think I stumbled onto a recording of the song.... I think....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Lol....a time machine show ..especially one done on a regular basis, would be cool. I have seen podcasts that once in a while do a retro show..but they cram the whole era into 60 minutes. Would be nice to focus on a year at a time and hear the music and some info about that year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:10 pm

And no..never heard of double edge
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:57 am

Me neither.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Metal Show with Keven Crothers   White Metal Show with Keven Crothers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Metal Show with Keven Crothers
Page 1 of 1