Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday Empty
PostSubject: We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday   We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:53 am

I was at work when the storm came thru but my son was home. We had rain so heavy it looked like a white out and strong damaging winds. A huge tree on my neighbors property split in half and is laying in my yard. My neighbor across the street had damage to his house when a tree fell on it. We lost power around 4pm and didn't come back on till about 3 this morning. The storm only hit about a mile and a half radius. Where I was at work we had beautiful sunny skies. Today however I'm home cleaning up the mess. Thank God that this was the worst that happened. No one was injured everyone is okay!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday   We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:58 am

That's scary.
Glad to read no one was injured.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday   We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Wow exciting, and scary all at the same time. Glad to hear nobody was injured (except for your tree)

PostSubject: Re: We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday   We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Most of the debris is cleaned up and life is back to normal. But this makes both SEC and I appreciate what we so far too often take for granted
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday   We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:27 pm

That weekend… oh, I can't forget it. Razz

On the Friday, my mother and I were headed to Montréal, then to Sherbrooke, QC for a family reunion. On the way there, the sky was clear and the weather was nice, except that the wind was gusting a lot (and I was driving, so it wasn't too comforting to feel the car push toward the centre of the road). When we got to Montréal, the heavy weather started. We were there to pick up my second cousin and my dad from the airport, but because of the storm, they were delayed. My second cousin was supposed to land around 5:30 PM, and he landed a bit later than that, but the ground crews are not allowed to come out in heavy weather - so the plane waited on the tarmac. My dad, however, was scheduled for later, and the storm system had set in over all the nearby airports (Ottawa and Toronto). His flight was diverted to Boston. It was 11 PM when he finally got to Montréal airport, and around 12 when we finally got out of there.

We were hoping to get to Sherbrooke around 8 PM, but we got there at 2 AM. Thankfully, it was pretty much all freeway driving, so it wasn't too tough for my mom.

Oh yeah, and while I was driving down a side street in Montréal, trying to get to a Christian bookstore (I was looking for a French study Bible), two transformers exploded like fireworks just as I drove by. No sparks hit the car, but I was kinda frightened. Razz

Weather, eh…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday   We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We had a microburst come thru our neighborhood yesterday
Page 1 of 1