Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal

Go down 
+7
mr.electric40
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Just_Sue
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Anybody else use this?
I have it on my phone just to have something to listen to while I work out.

I've added a Sacred Warrior station, a Deliverance station and a Believer station.
Of the 3, the Believer station is the best. 
With the Sacred Warrior station I'll get Sacred Warrior, Saint and any number of other possibilities [got Motorhead the other day].

The Deliverance channel gets me Deliverance... later era... and then a lot of nothing. I've pretty much given up on that station.

With the Believer station, I've so far gotten a sampling from every phase of Believer. I also get Saint, Sacred Warrior, Bride, Whitecross, Bloodgood, Mortification, Tourniquet, Disciple and a few others I cant recall right now.

I'm actually surprised because I didnt think I'd be able to find anything like this on Pandora.

Last edited by Just_Sue on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:52 pm

I do wish they would put together a real Christian rock station.  The main one on Pandora thinks that Chris Tomlin is rock.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:25 am

Is there a good online Christian radio station you can listen to?
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:41 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Is there a good online Christian radio station you can listen to?

Sure! When I'm working inside, on my computer, I listen to Dead to Self Radio.

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com/
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Will check this out.
It's really a very long time ago I've listened to an online radio station.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:27 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Will check this out.
It's really a very long time ago I've listened to an online radio station.

It's actually quite good. Timshell64 turned me on to it last year.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Dead to Self and ChristianRock.net or the only 2 I may listen to. I suspect most here would prefer the former for the older material.

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Greetings All! My first post here!

I use TuneIn Radio (tunein.com) on my droid and my computer...a lot of GREAT Christian radio stations!

The Rock
tunein.com/radio/The-Rock-883-s67045/

Dead To Self Radio (as previously posted)
tunein.com/radio/Dead-To-Self-Radio-s144073/

Lightforce Radio
tunein.com/radio/LightForce-Radio-881-s114962/

Power FM
tunein.com/radio/POWER-FM-897-s35745/

Full Armor
tunein.com/radio/Full-Armor-Radio-s179189/

Untombed Radio
tunein.com/radio/Untombed-Radio-s137677/

The Blast
tunein.com/radio/The-BlastFM-s75546/

Reign Radio
tunein.com/radio/Reign-Radio-s18722/

Holy Metal Rob
tunein.com/radio/Holy-Metal-Rob-Radio-s148703/

CCM Backtracks
tunein.com/radio/CCM-Backtracks-s129505/

and my favorite...
Classic Christian Rock Radio
tunein.com/radio/Classic-Christian-Rock-Radio-s132078/
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:52 am

Welcome, bought4life!  That's a pretty good list of stations right there!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:44 am

Welcome to CHM bought4life.

A long list with online radio stations.
Will check them out.
Sometimes it's cool to listen to an online radio station.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:53 am

ok..in my best Elvis draw...Well, thank you..thank you very much. Nice to be aboard. Very Happy 

There are 2 other great radio programs too,,

One is Spotify. Spotify has their own library containing millions of albums that you can select from and build playlists. They have a ton of Christian albums to choose from...and they get new releases quickly. Absolon's album is on there, as is John Elefante's new one On My Way To The Sun. A lot of older stuff too! Daniel Band, Rez, Saint, Idle Cure, Whitecross. They also have newer stuff like Under Command, Theocracy, River Bomma, etc... They also have CCM from the 70s and 80s...I must admit I made an Amy Grant playlist Smile

Another cool feature is that you can select one of your playlists and hit "radio" and Spotify will custom build your own radio station instantly using your playlist to dictate the style. The radio will play various music from Spotify's library, when a songs plays you can do a thumbs or down and it helps Spotify learn your likes.

I have the entire Whitecross album collection as a playlist, so I selected that and I hit Radio and Resurrection Band's Paint A Picture was the first song played and Holy Soldier was the second...cool..

Another great place is Live365..which is very similar to TuneIn.
Some of the stations there are CCM Classic HiDef, CCM Flashback, Christian Armor Radio, Classic Christian Music, Classic Christian Rock (also on TuneIn), Higher Power, New Christian Radio, The Cross Stream..

Also, TuneIn has literally HUNDREDS of other Christian rock/ccm stations that I didn't even list that simulcast their FM station to the internet. They have a slew of these great stations that are just "local" stations. For example, they have the Reach FM which is a Delaware radio station that plays newer CCM. 

And if you can't find what you life here, I sometimes sing in the shower...I would be more than happy to post my greatest hits on the internet for CHM's listening (dis)pleasure 
jocolor

Last edited by bought4life on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:54 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Welcome to CHM bought4life.

A long list with online radio stations.
Will check them out.
Sometimes it's cool to listen to an online radio station.

Hello!!!!!

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:00 am

I love Dead to Self radio !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 am

Hey Bought, great to see you here.

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:51 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hey Bought, great to see you here.

Thank you! Nice to be here....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:42 pm

I would like to point out too, that if you have an Android phone, keep checking the Amazon App Store each day. Every day they give away a paid app for free, and I have seen the pro version of TuneIn Radio on there twice so far....that's how I got it.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:50 pm

bought4life wrote:
I would like to point out too, that if you have an Android phone, keep checking the Amazon App Store each day. Every day they give away a paid app for free, and I have seen the pro version of TuneIn Radio on there twice so far....that's how I got it.  Smile

I need to check that out.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Crying or Very sad I don't have an Android phone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Another great internet station...

http://www.loudcity.com/stations/retro-christian-radio
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:20 pm

bought4life wrote:
Another great internet station...

http://www.loudcity.com/stations/retro-christian-radio

NICE!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:46 pm

I tried to set up a Deliverance or Rez Band radio on pandora some time ago... and got zilch... Perhaps I'll try again...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Rez would be cool!
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 5:41 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:
I tried to set up a Deliverance or Rez Band radio on pandora some time ago... and got zilch... Perhaps I'll try again...

I got a Deliverance station set up on Pandora, but it was pretty disappointing.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 2:48 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Dead to Self and ChristianRock.net or the only 2 I may listen to. I suspect most here would prefer the former for the older material.
I have been streaming at work the past month and am getting tired of ChristianRock.net, which has been my default for background music, for sticking to a playlist too much so I'm checking out a few others now. I've added Dead to Self again as well as Reign Radio, RadioU, Tri-Rock, and Solid Rock Radio. I'm sure some won't make the final cut because they'll play too much metal (I can only handle Theocracy all day What a Face ) or core styles.

Any others now that play mostly (hard) rock without too much metal, punk, ska, alternative, etc. yet still offer a wide variety of artists/songs?

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

I still am not a fan of streaming.  I am an album guy and love listening to a whole project and not just singles.  I know--I can pay the premiums and stream full albums if they are on the service.  Not all bands or albums are!  So, I just keep buying my own stuff and putting it on my trusty FiiO.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal   Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pandora Radio and Christian rock/metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next