Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll Empty
PostSubject: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Time to come up with and narrow down YOUR favorite album within THIS particular genre:

YOUR FAVORITE Christian ROCK AND ROLL ALBUM (ie basic rock and roll = "D&K" "Petra" "Whiteheart" anything not really "metal", not really "pop radio", etc):

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23468
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Can you define that one a bit more?  Just about anything could fit here.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Whiteheart   Freedom
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Crossection -Breaking Ground
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Oh man that's tough, but I might have to go with White Heart's Hotline for purely nostalgic reasons.

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:04 pm

It's tough to think of one that would fit the "basic rock and roll" category, but I'm going to go with these two...

Jefferson Street by Three Crosses - this is the album that really made me like Christian rock. I grew up listening to 50s and 60s rock and roll, but never really liked Christian rock (I even hated the fun remix of The Newsboys' "God Is Not A Secret" at one point) until I discovered this band. Unfortunately, they broke up right after I found out about them.

Truth, Soul, Rock & Roll by The Elms - This has been a favorite of mine since I bought it. The band really shines on this - with lots of fun rock tunes ("Speaking In Tongues", "All The While Having Fun") and a few great ballads thrown in as well ("Smile At Life Again"), it's one I just can't stop listening to. "Smile At Life Again" is particularly a great track ("I've made promises before, but no mother and no friend could love you more").
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23468
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:29 pm

For this category, I think I will go with Third Day's "Time".  It's still a favorite after all these years.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:45 am

Big Tent Revival- Amplifier

Decemberadio-S/T

Three Crosses- S/T
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 am

I agree that the DR and TC albums are great. I'm still annoyed that DR's only major hit was "Drifter" - great song, but it was way over-played as if that was their typical style, rather than their great southern-rock style.

Some others that have come to my mind recently

Stand Up by Everyday Sunday
S/T by The Waiting
Welcome ... and Beautiful Glow by Rock 'n' Roll Worship Circus
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I think White Heart's Tales of Wonder is a brilliant rock album - just love listening to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll   FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 3: Basic Rock and Roll
Page 1 of 1