Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruce/Evan Almighty

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bruce/Evan Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:56 am

Have any of you watched these two movies? What are your thoughts on these comedies? Did you think that they were tasteless? Funny? Blasphemous? Heart warming?

What did you think of the Bruce Almighty & Evan Almighty films?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:21 am

I've only seen Bruce Almighty, and was very aprehensive when puting it in. At the end, despite Hollywoods ignorance, I think it was well written and had a moral that would reach the world who would never watch a "Christian" film.
It would definitely get the world to think about heavenly things and Biblical morals, however some may grasp concepts through the movie as Gospel and they'll think that it's what the Bible says, like other hollywood "religious" films (since they never open a Bible to check these things for themselves). That's dangerous. But I've seen God use off the wall secular movies to make people think about Him.
May God be glorified in these movies, despite hollywoods take on things.

I'm not really interested in Evan Almighty.
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 2:26 pm

I have only seen Bruce and it is one of my favorite movies. Aside from a couple tasteless moments it has a lot of redeeming qualities and was very funny. The director Tom Shadyac is a Lebanese Christian according to his own statements (I have also read he is Catholic) and I think his heart was in the right place when creating this movie. I have yet to see Evan but I plan on renting it when it comes out on DVD. Tom also had a hand in "Patch Adams", "The Nutty Professor" and "Liar Liar" as well as being executive producer of the hit TV show "8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter" that starred the late John Ritter.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:08 pm

I have not seen Evan Almighty (but my children have). Having only seen Bruce, I must admit that it certainly was not canonical. However, it did have a certain underlying "morality" that was definitely appealing. Again I don't feel that God was probably portrayed accurately, but I don't remember anything particularly blasphemous about the portrayal either.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:33 pm

I have watched both of these movies. While much of the humor is crass, there are redeeming moments in these pictures.

I agree that God is not portrayed as He really is; but then again, who of us are experts on God's character having never met Him face to face. What the movies succeed at doing is making you think about God in a more personable and personal way. Both movies also think about how God relates to us and how we can relate His love to others.

Overall, I can only think that would be a good thing.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:25 pm

Bizarrely enough, I have ONLY seen Evan Almighty, and after hearing a number of negative reviews I wasn't really looking forward to it. But it is quite a good movie and the morals are pretty much left in tact! It's funny and not blasphemous (as far as I could tell), the only thing that I could have had a problem with, was basically God said that everyone should show acts of random kindness which was sort of implying that that was what you needed to do to get to heaven. (Acts of Random Kindness spell ARK!)

It was quite funny and not rude at all. I'd see it again!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 9:14 am

Let me first watch Bruce Almighty before I tell what I think of this movie.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:05 pm

While Evan Almighty is a sequel to Bruce Almighty, you can watch the newest one without having seen the original. While Evan was in the first one, the story is completely focused on him in Evan Almighty and doesn't really build on the Bruce Almighty storyline.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce/Evan Almighty   Bruce/Evan Almighty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce/Evan Almighty
Page 1 of 1