Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HM Mag cover -best time yet

Go down 
+4
rockerVu2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

HM Mag cover -best time yet Empty
PostSubject: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Here's my best time yet - 37 minutes from start to finish (hardest part was the eyeball that was jacked up on the dude in the middle... whew)
BEFORE:

HM Mag cover -best time yet 01_exa10

-
-
-
AFTER:
-

HM Mag cover -best time yet 02_exa11
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Great job!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 pm

great job indeed!

Umm isn't "that dude in the middle" supposed to be Guy Ritter? It doesn't look like Guy to me.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 am

Good question. Idk the band members very well by their looks, so I couldn't tell you. Guess I could search the issue and see who's who....
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 am

If I'm getting this correct, Guy was not on Vanishing Lessons - it was the first album with Luke Easter. The pic on the cover is Luke with hair... we've seen him more recently with a shaved head - which would make it difficult to recognize him on this cover.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 am

Great job Guilty/Forgiven.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
If I'm getting this correct, Guy was not on Vanishing Lessons - it was the first album with Luke Easter. The pic on the cover is Luke with hair... we've seen him more recently with a shaved head - which would make it difficult to recognize him on this cover.

Ok that would make sense. I didn't realize the pic was from the Vanishing Lessons era

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm trying so hard to whip the HM Magazine project out as I said back in October that I should have it done by Spring... but time goes so fast. These final issues have like 80 pages in them and I never have enough time.
Kind of frustrating.... hope all this work is well received - I've given up many hours of my life for it. Then again, it's a labor of love, so I shouldn't be worried about it.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 pm

How do you do this? I'm impressed, lemme tell you that. What programs and what functions?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 5:13 pm

I cut my teeth on PaintShop Pro (not the usual PhotoShop that rich people have). Since I know it very well, I stick with it.
It's what I used to fix multiple photos over the years, including a job I did for a band member of a Spanish vocal group who's girlfriend tore their pictures up and I completely restored them ( scroll to the bottom of this page to see those pics: http://www.guiltyforgiven.com/art/art.html )
I'll post step by steps for one damaged segment:
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 5:47 pm

september 1994 was Vanishing Lessons era .. so yes, that is luke.. guy left in '93 I believe... right after POD was released.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 5:50 pm

I'm only an amateur and only capable of manipulation.. I can't create artwork.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:34 pm

The following is an example in manipulation - I always cringe when I have to "create", not that I can't, it's just that I know it's gonna take a lot of time- esp when there's lots of damage on someone's face, especially their eye (like the example of Luke above - couldn't just be ONE eye, it had to be BOTH his eyes.... sheesh)

HM Mag cover -best time yet Edit_010

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:34 pm

HM Mag cover -best time yet Edit_011
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:35 pm

HM Mag cover -best time yet Edit_013
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:35 pm

HM Mag cover -best time yet Edit_014
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:36 pm

HM Mag cover -best time yet Edit_015
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:37 pm

HM Mag cover -best time yet Edit_016
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 pm

And that's what I've been doing for 1000s of pages since October
HM Mag cover -best time yet 682a6110
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Sweet. Pretty meticulous. Razz
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 am

Are you digitizing all the old HMs for them or is this a personal project?

Looks just like what I've done in a couple programs over the years (GIMP is the latest, a free Photoshop knockoff). I hate creating at well, just fixing, but that takes forever (for me) so I very rarely do it.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:37 am

This is authorized straight down from the immortal Doug Van Pelt himself. He and I as well as the guy who runs CMNexus magazine site ( http://cmnexus.org/ ) have been working together to complete a digitized version of the 1st ten years of HM magazine.
Doug authorized the scanning of every page from issues 1 through 54 which was done by 3 different participants from all over the world. They sent the scans to me, I edit them, send them to DVP where he already has the menu structure created by Daniel from CMNexus - from there, it's up to the new crew at HM to make this thing available to the people. Hopefully it does well.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:17 am

G/F, I applaud you. This shall be very well received by me at least. But this reminds me of something I need to do...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HM Mag cover -best time yet   HM Mag cover -best time yet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HM Mag cover -best time yet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: