Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

psychedelic

Go down 
+3
nazpastor
ishmael81
topshot rhit
7 posters
AuthorMessage

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:38 am

Anyone know of any bands that sound like the doors or jimi hendrix or janis joplin or steppenwolf.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869
Registration date : 2007-01-30

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:09 am

I'm sure there were a couple but don't know them. Closest I can think of is the stoner/doom sound of bands like Starchild.

ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 am

Mind Garage, but their stuff is ridiculously hard to find.

There's also The Christ Tree by The Trees Community, Current 93, The Voyage of Icarus by Silmaril, and Moon Blood by Fraction but I've not actually heard these - Google pointed them out.

There's also Azitis and they seem pretty good.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am

Moon Blood by Fraction is excellent, and does indeed sound much like the Doors.
Another most excellent psychedelic project is a self-titled project by The Exkursions.
Of the two, I prefer the Exkursions project.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 pm

I like the Exkursions, Fraction, and Azitis Laughing

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Anyone wanting mp3 albums of the Exkursions, Fraction, or Azitis need only PM me.
(They are VERY old and OOP - my copies are from LPs)

Actually, all three of those titles have been released on CD (at least once), with the Exkursions being released on Born Twice records, which is the sister company of Retroactive Records. Cliffy from the CMR and CHM did the re-master work on this disc. Moon Blood has had at least two CD releases. And Azitis is pretty cheap on eBay if you keep an eye out for it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 pm

wups, my bad. I just assumed cuz they're ancient and my copies are from LPs, that they were history.... nevermind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm

It'd be cool if there was a universal web database that had every ISBN in existence and contained the info on it such as it's OOP status or if it's been re-released and what companies have them for sale and such.
Just a side thought.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
wups, my bad. I just assumed cuz they're ancient and my copies are from LPs, that they were history.... nevermind Very Happy

I have all three on CD, so I knew they had been digitally released. However, I have earlier releases, not re-issues/remasters, so that is why I knew that some of them have been released more than once.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:08 pm

The Exkursions is some pretty cool stuff. It's probably the closest thing to blues that I have in my collection. I have the remaster and the production is surprisingly listenable for the era.

These three tracks sum up what the album feels like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmrYkfWhfY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqmLCOyr-qo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzjAChJCkc
Back to top Go down

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks everyone...I didn't realize this many artist existed in this category of christian rock music.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:59 pm

I personally find a close resemblance to Hendrix in the music/vox of Big Fat Jam. (and it's only a penny on Amazon)

psychedelic 61CCCqKUeTL._SX300_
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:43 am

I love this Big Fat Jam album.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 pm

nazpastor wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Anyone wanting mp3 albums of the Exkursions, Fraction, or Azitis need only PM me.
(They are VERY old and OOP - my copies are from LPs)

Actually, all three of those titles have been released on CD (at least once), with the Exkursions being released on Born Twice records, which is the sister company of Retroactive Records. Cliffy from the CMR and CHM did the re-master work on this disc. Moon Blood has had at least two CD releases. And Azitis is pretty cheap on eBay if you keep an eye out for it.

+++1

All of The Exclusions stuff is available through Born Twice/Retroactive....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:46 pm

10/4 Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

psychedelic Empty
PostSubject: Re: psychedelic   psychedelic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

psychedelic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: