Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daughtry ??

Go down 
+5
Follower of Jesus
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
drumdude
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:55 am

Some are saying he's a Christian, just not a Christian band. I'm listening to his album now and it's pretty good... kinda Jeremy Camp-ish. Lyrics are clean but doesn't show Christianity.
Anybody know anything about this guy ?
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 am

I heard he was A christian
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:37 am

Is this the Daughtry you mean apologetixfreak?

http://www.myspace.com/daughtry

http://www.daughtryofficial.com
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:13 am

Yes, Chris is a Christian and before his spot on AI he sang for a Christian rock band called Absent Element. I think they actually have one cd out but it was independently released and is very hard to find.
I love his solo album and new band! (the band is also called Daughtry) I really don't like much of any modern rock anymore. It all sounds so boring, stale and contrived, but not Daughtry. His music is fresh sounding. His cd has sold 3X platinum and just keeps going! Next to Nickelback he is the most popular mainstream rock act out there right now.
Although Chris is a Christian, other members of his new band have made it clear that they are not all Christians and there have been some rumors of on the road partying as well.

(note: The only modern rock bands I like now are: Daughtry, Alter Bridge and Nickleback)

You might also check into Alter Bridge if you like Daughtry. The music is similar but also heavier. They are the three former members of Creed and have all professed faith in Jesus. They are much closer to being a heavy metal band than Creed was.

EDIT: Alter Bridge has lyrics that show faith much more than Daughtry also.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:33 pm

I had the Daughtry CD for a short while that I got through Lala. I didn't think that there was anything really that spectacular about the overall sound. While Chris is a Christian, very little of his faith came through the lyrics. While it was clean, it wasn't very spiritually uplifting to me.

Needless to say, I retraded it on Lala.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:46 pm

I really like Daughtry's album. I heard his faith come through a couple of songs. I hope he's not being adversely influenced by his band mates. Bad company corrupts good character.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:32 pm

Love the Daughtry cd. I have the Absent Element CD. That cd is a lot harder than the Daughtry cd and last I heard if you went to absent elements website you could still get it. I know that for awhile there was a website that had Absent Element singing some worship tunes from matt redman,Charlie hall,etc.Hopefully Chris's faith comes out more in the next cd. I do know that he wrote a song with Day of Fire that hopefully will be on thier next album as well
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:49 pm

wow, thanks for all the input guys. I really dig him. His album is very neutral, which is ok with me (although I'd like to hear more of his faith displayed in his work).

I hope he is a witness of God's grace to those around him and not the opposite.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:09 pm

He played with Day Of Fire (a Christian band) just the other day here at the SC state fair. I know that doesn't always mean anything though. I don't listen to this fellow for the simple reason he turned his back on his long time band for a record label and $$$. Personally I think that speaks volumes about his character right there.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:43 am

He left Absent Element with their knowledge, approval and blessing, 7th. He didn't dump them, or "turn his back" on them. If his band mates don't hold a grudge, or think ill of him for it, who are you to judge?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:40 am

I'm allowed my opinion. He had a band. He didn't need a label to put one together for him. I just think it's crazy a singer can't even choose who he wants to have play with him. With their blessings or not he chose to leave his old band behind. Sure he wouldn't have made the millions he probably has now but he could've released an album independently and had HIS band on it. That would've showed what was more important to him. And no offense FOJ but I hear that "judge" word hurled at you pretty often on different forums.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 2:54 pm

I dont begrudge him joining Amercian Idol and persuing a career in music. He was working as a mechanic or a car salesman (or something) before being launched into stardom by A.I. American Idol was just a vehicle to get him into a career in music.

I don't seriously think he could have made a career out of music if he would have stayed with Absent Element. Like most "unsigned" artists he would have had to keep his day job, and kept music only as a hobby.

Having said all that, I found his music to be a bit generic type modern rock for my tastes, but kudos to all who enjoy his recording.

Follower of Jesus

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:05 pm

7thSecond wrote:
And no offense FOJ but I hear that "judge" word hurled at you pretty often on different forums.

And yet, I'm not judgmental. People's accusations don't make it true.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:36 pm

Can I ask what kudos are?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:54 pm

Come on guys, don't get upset at each other. I feel bad cuz I started this thread, and because of it, 2 of you are upset. That makes ME sad. I want us all to be a family here.
God's kids don't always agree, but we should always be sensitive and loving.... k ?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:06 pm

Quote :

a) Kudos is another way of saying "good job", it's an expression of appreciation or in Staybright's usage, it's kind of like saying "more power to ya", or "that's great" (for those who like Daughtry)

b) It's also a "healthy" candy bar
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:41 pm

Quote :
I don't seriously think he could have made a career out of music if he would have stayed with Absent Element. Like most "unsigned" artists he would have had to keep his day job, and kept music only as a hobby.

I have heard that Absent Element had a couple of Christian labels interested in them before Chris got on Idol. So, he might not have had a broad of commercial success, but his former band could very well have had a recording deal by now. Who really knows?

Quote :
Having said all that, I found his music to be a bit generic type modern rock for my tastes, but kudos to all who enjoy his recording.

I agree. I think he sounds a lot like Jeremy Camp, and I know how a lot of you guys feel about his music.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:39 pm

apologetixfreak wrote:
Quote :

a) Kudos is another way of saying "good job", it's an expression of appreciation or in Staybright's usage, it's kind of like saying "more power to ya", or "that's great" (for those who like Daughtry)

b) It's also a "healthy" candy bar

Thanks Apolo.
That's exactly how I meant it (except for the candy bar).
Daughtry ?? 7

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:55 pm

I downloaded "Home" for my 12 year old daughter a couple of months ago.....she loves that song, and (here) it is Parent-Approved Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:51 pm

Naw, apologetix, me and 7th aren't angry. We just speak our minds. Usually, at this board, all our minds are pretty much agreed. On this issue, they weren't. We said our peace. I know for me, there's no hard feelings whatsoever to my brother 7thSecond. We've been on these boards together for years now. I hope he holds no grudge towards me either. Don't sweat it!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:00 am

Right on. God be glorified !
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:27 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Naw, apologetix, me and 7th aren't angry. We just speak our minds. Usually, at this board, all our minds are pretty much agreed. On this issue, they weren't. We said our peace. I know for me, there's no hard feelings whatsoever to my brother 7thSecond. We've been on these boards together for years now. I hope he holds no grudge towards me either. Don't sweat it!
No, no time for grudges. Besides I don't plan on everyone's opinions matching mine all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daughtry ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughtry ??   Daughtry ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daughtry ??
Page 1 of 1