Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced Empty
PostSubject: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 pm

First, a bit of background info for those who aren't familiar... Spirit Song is a huge 3-day Christian music festival held every year at Kings Island, a large amusement park about 20 miles north of Cincinnati in Mason, Ohio. Similar festivals are held at other parks around the country, though this is one of the largest.

Here is the lineup they've announced for this year (note that their FB page says more artists will be announced soon - these are usually lesser-known acts that play before/in between the main acts).

6/27/13
Skillet
Tenth Avenue North
Matthew West
Petra
We As Human
Speaker: Matthew West

6/28/13
TobyMac
RED
Building 429
NewSong
The City Harmonic

6/29/13
Newsboys
Lecrae
David Crowder
Thousand Foot Krutch
Speaker: Nick Hall

Emcee for all three days will be comedian Bone Hampton.

Apparently Petra has gotten back together for a 40th anniversary tour, so I am definitely not missing this.

See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for complete details and ticket prices. Note that the tickets do include park admission unless otherwise specified (the venue is located inside the park).

Last edited by Oldiesmann on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed typo in subject)
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:37 pm

LeCrae is the only artist I'd be interested in - but it's interesting to see Petra reuniting.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Looks pretty cool, mostly the current "big names" of Christian music. If Ohio were closer, I might go.
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:29 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Looks pretty cool, mostly the current "big names" of Christian music. If Ohio were closer, I might go.

You could always fly... KI is within an hour's drive of two major airports (40 minutes from Cincinnati, 60 from Dayton) Razz
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 pm

I could probably get a drive. It's about 750 k, or a good 7-8 hours, from my area. Part of it is rural highways from my house to Peterborough, the rest is all freeway from there. So doable, but 8 hours is pretty far for a show.

I've seen Bone Hampton as emcee… cool guy, although if I get distracted I immediately lose my comprehension of what he's saying. Razz
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 2:13 am

danielbandfan wrote:
I could probably get a drive. It's about 750 k, or a good 7-8 hours, from my area. Part of it is rural highways from my house to Peterborough, the rest is all freeway from there. So doable, but 8 hours is pretty far for a show.

I've seen Bone Hampton as emcee… cool guy, although if I get distracted I immediately lose my comprehension of what he's saying. Razz

Don't think of it as "8 hours for a show". Think of it as "8 hours for a 5-day mini vacation which happens to include awesome shows" Razz

On a lighter note, there's always Wonder Jam, which has TFK and Manic Drive. That's only a 90-minute drive from Peterborough (according to Google).
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm

that's only 1 1/2 hours from me.. I may have to take a look..
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

Don't think of it as "8 hours for a show". Think of it as "8 hours for a 5-day mini vacation which happens to include awesome shows" Razz

On a lighter note, there's always Wonder Jam, which has TFK and Manic Drive. That's only a 90-minute drive from Peterborough (according to Google).

I've been to Wonder Jam once before. What's cool is that it's at Wonderland, which is probably the closest amusement park of any significance to my place. I've seen those two bands before too; Manic Drive in my town, and TFK in Toronto twice and in Ottawa once.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 am

Great bands are coming there.
My only complain is that it's a bit to far for me.
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 pm

unworthy wrote:
that's only 1 1/2 hours from me.. I may have to take a look..

Awesome! Definitely worth the drive if you can make it Smile

Also, feel free to ask if you have any questions about the park or the surrounding area Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced   Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit Song 2013 lineup partially announced
Page 1 of 1