Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Goliath questions.

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 am

Since I've found an original CD of "Land Of Nod" I've some Goliath questions.
I really love "Land Of Nod".
Goliath is the band of Mick Rowe, is he still active in the Christian music world?
Is Micke related to Jamie Rowe?

Are "Land Of Nod" and "The Gate" the only CDs Mick has released?
I'm interested to know more about Mick Rowe.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 am

Mick and Jamie are brothers and were in the band Tempest together.

"Land Of Nod" was not originally released as being by Goliath. It was originally done by Mick's other name Midnight Orchestra. It was later reissued by Mick under the band name Goliath. "The Gate" is the only actual Goliath album.

Mick was working on redoing a lot of the Tempest material but recently has seemed to just fall off the planet.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Mick was working on redoing a lot of the Tempest material but recently has seemed to just fall off the planet.

I thought I read somewhere (probably at CHM) that he has put Tempest on hold while he is working on something else at the moment. But that he intends to come back and turn the new Tempest material into a full album. (but I don't know any of that for certain)

rockerVu2

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Did a search on CHM and have found an old thread that tells us Mick is/was working on a new album.
That was in 2007.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Did a search on CHM and have found an old thread that tells us Mick is/was working on a new album.
That was in 2007.

I think that is even older than what I was thinking of. I believe it was just this year that he has been doing some recording.

This song (along wih a few others) were just posted this last summer on youtube.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Mick said on Facebook that he was retiring from music, at least for now. Hopefully we'll hear more from him.

That cover of Military Man smokes, btw.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3110
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 am

From what I remember he was very active on CMR. He was posting updates on Tempest and songs samples, etc. Then disappeared. Word was is that another band who owns the name Tempest made him stop so he just quit. His website seems to be gone too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:49 am

I wouldn't have quit. If he could have shown that his band predated theirs, then he could have probably kept the name. It isn't like the name Tempest is exactly a household name. I would have just modified it (Tempest Rising--LOL) and kept going.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:51 am

Let's see what he will do.
Anyhow I love listening to "The Gate" and "Land Of Nod".
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
... I would have just modified it (Tempest Rising--LOL) and kept going.

lol! That would have been fantastic!

Driven

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 am

I've never heard "Land Of Nod". Anywhere I can sample/buy it?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:43 pm

It can be found used on ebay or even Amazon, but it is a lot eaiser to find under the band name of "Midnight Orchestra".

It has a bit more of a Goth/Industrial vibe (less doomy) when compared to the Goliath album "The Gate".

Here is a link to a few of the songs on youtube (I don't want to post the one vid because it is full of morbid vampire movie footage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIEFIbHNLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97kCI8YCy-0

I owned it once a long time back but traded it. I thought it kind of paled when compared to "The Gate" album.

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:15 am

I had Mick on my Facebook for a long time. He lived for a few years here in Terre Haute, and we got to be friends. Lately He said on facebook he has given up music and is following other pursuits in life. He even said he was approached to write some theme music for a tv show on cable and turned in down.

So i doubt if we see any new music from him. I think he is going in a different direction in life.

Tim
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:10 am

That happens with musicians.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am

Staybrite wrote:
It can be found used on ebay or even Amazon, but it is a lot eaiser to find under the band name of "Midnight Orchestra".

It has a bit more of a Goth/Industrial vibe (less doomy) when compared to the Goliath album "The Gate".

Here is a link to a few of the songs on youtube (I don't want to post the one vid because it is full of morbid vampire movie footage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIEFIbHNLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97kCI8YCy-0

I owned it once a long time back but traded it. I thought it kind of paled when compared to "The Gate" album.

I like "The Cage", almost feels like a softer version of Goliath. "God" has a really distinctive bass sound. I like the lyrics for both of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goliath questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goliath questions.   Goliath questions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goliath questions.
Page 1 of 1