Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what is the Word on Recon

Go down 
+6
alldatndensum
mr.electric40
unworthy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Timshell64
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

what is the Word  on Recon Empty
PostSubject: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:42 pm

I had heard a rumor that the Behind Enemy Lines cd by Recon was being remastered and re-released or something to that effect. Does anyone have any info on this?

I would appreciate it!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3110
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:26 am

Not sure but I know Cliffy has a remaster that he made. It is also for sale on Amazon but it isn't the remastered version. There is also new new frontline website with many titles available for 5.99 on cd or digital download. I THINK the site is http://www.frontlinerecords.us and if that's not it just google it to find it.

I had also heard they were reforming with Ray Perra but haven't heard anything in a while.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Cliffy did remaster the first album and Intense Millennium was supposed to release it. That fell through when the label shut down. If you send cliffy a pm on the CMR he will let you have the mp3 files.

I also heared the rumor about Ray joining Recon (I think he even confirmed it) but that was quite some time ago....so it's anybody's guess now what's going on now.

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:19 am

yeah the Ray joining was official .. but I haven't heard anything since then.. they certainly peaked my interest... but.. no word..
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm

This is one of those things where until I hold it in my hand I don't care what the band says.....

Sorta like Sacred Warrior... at least we got a video and one new song, but no complete album yet.....

sigh.....

Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:

This is one of those things where until I hold it in my hand I don't care what the band says.....

Sorta like Sacred Warrior... at least we got a video and one new song, but no complete album yet.....

sigh.....

Suspect

At least with Sacred Warrior we know they have completed some recording (which is at least promising). With Recon we have no idea if they have even written any music...let alone if they are even talking to each other anymore. But I'm with you regarding these older bands, many of them have hinted at (or even promised) reunions only to deliver a whole lot of nothing.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:21 pm

With reunions, the saying used to be, "It's still at risk until you are holding the new disc."

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3110
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:24 pm

I remember Whitecross was supposed to do something right after 1987 and they simply disappeared. Same with Barren Cross although they did perform a show last year with the original line up but still nothing new even tho it was promised ages ago.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:22 pm

I'd say that the Whitecross thing is done as Rex is working with King James now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:32 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I remember Whitecross was supposed to do something right after 1987 and they simply disappeared. Same with Barren Cross although they did perform a show last year with the original line up but still nothing new even tho it was promised ages ago.

I think they premiered a new song at that event, but yeah outside of that, nothing.

I just kinda wish these old bands would stop giving interviews or statements saying "we're working on a new album or writing new stuff", because it seems like 95% of the time, it just ain't happening. Remember Holy Soldier a few years back was back touring. I caught them at Sonshine Festival and asked them afterwords about new stuff, got the whole "we're writing songs" response. At least I can hand it to Guardian. They had many false starts but at least they went out and did something about it (kickstarter) and now we will get that new album. I would just assume the bands say something like "anything is possible" instead of giving fans a false hope. I understand the whole life outside of music and what not but still.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 am

I think allot of the bands have a good intentions and a desire to put out music, but the economy and everything makes it rough. Having to work longer hours to support families and stuff. But I am with you it would be nice for them not to say anything untill they have counted the cost and can deliver!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 am

Quote :
I'd say that the Whitecross thing is done as Rex is working with King James now.

My thoughts were the same.

Have had hope for a long time for a new Whitecross CD, but I think it's not the reality.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 am

This is what was posted on George's Facebook in early November:
"George mixing the LONG awaited Recon album."

what is the Word  on Recon 602309_4678088959038_521386112_n

I kid you not. Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Oh man that is hilarious!!!!

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 pm

The following was posted today by Rey Parra on his Facebook page:

"Hey Guys, Well, The rumors are True. I have
teamed up with Recon, We are in the studio in California Tracking
vocals. As many of you know, Rick Macias, who has gone to be with Jesus
told me just a few months before he passed away that, He wanted George
and I to record an album and so , in his honor, we are finally doing
this. Please pray for this project. Thanks and God Bless."

So looks like there is good news in this area after all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Well that sounds optimistic

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 am

Cool pic DBF.
It shows how lont it has taken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is the Word on Recon   what is the Word  on Recon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is the Word on Recon
Page 1 of 1