Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone have info on The Continentals ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Anyone have info on The Continentals ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:27 am

In a nutshell, I'm writing a small piece on The Continental Singers and want to include several big name CCM artists who got their start with, or sung with, The Continentals.

I realize it's a longshot, since this is a Hard Music board and many aren't into this type of music, but maybe one of you has some info or knows of a website with info (that I haven't already read).

Thanks if you can help.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Absolutely no clue...sorry.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks for at least reading it though Laughing
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:44 pm

In the gospel encyclopedia I have is a thread written over The Continentals.
You can read a description who the were.
A long list with all the albums they have released.

I can't find more about them no names, no names of bands who were founded by members of The Continentals.
Maybe you can contact their record company to aks if they have more information for you.

Are you writing this artlice for a blog or an other forum?
( I only ask this because I'm interested.)

Guilty/Forgiven, here on this place it's OK to ask questions like this.
That's why we have The Melting Pot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Thank you Vonnie !

I seen the Continentals perform in 1990 only months after I came to faith, so they hold a special place in my heart. I've recently added them to my online collection list (this list now contains information about each band)*

I know a lot of big names recorded with the Continentals like Crystal Lewis and Sandy Patti... but I don't have an official list. I'd like to find a list like that someday.

* for anyone interested, my new website has been under construction for about 6 months and I'm up to the letter "H" - you can see the rough version of it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm

This might help you out some: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:52 am

When I remember it well, I have seen the Continentals in a gig when I was at school.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks Oldiesmann ! Crossrhythms is great when they have info, most bands on their site don't have any info though. His article on the Continentals is great !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on The Continentals ?   Anyone have info on The Continentals ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have info on The Continentals ?
Page 1 of 1