Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gary Lenaire

Go down 
+2
ishmael81
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:57 am

Does anyone know the details as to why he left the faith ?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:25 am

Found this:

TW: Let’s go from complete innocence to loss of innocence if you will. I would like to ask you about Gary’s current situation. I don’t want to ask you to speak for him. He has already made his public statement. But I wanted to take it in a different direction. Being such good friends with Gary, how have you dealt with his sudden reversal? How do you deal with a friend who is going through something like this?
GR: This is a really tough question.

TW: If you don’t want to answer I am fine with that. The purpose of this interview is Guy Ritter, not Gary. This is a very personal issue for you and I completely understand if you do not wish to answer this one.
GR: Well, let me say this. Gary will always be my friend. We have been through the best and the worst times together. We went through some hard times and that is what solidifies a friendship. I guess in all respect to Gary, because he will probably read this…let me turn this around. If Gary was being asked this question because I was the one who turned away, I know for a fact that Gary, with all of his knowledge of the Word, would say something like, “It just goes to show that anyone can fall away from God if they are not daily cultivating a relationship with Jesus. If you want to resist the enemy it is vital to stay in the Word and in fellowship with believers.” I think I will leave it at that. And that is the Truth for me. It may not be for Gary right now, but it is for me.

Here's the whole interview: http://www.hmmagazine.com/exclusive/heavens_metal_exclusive_guy_ritter_interview200708/index.php

Also, given that jon (unworthy) obsesses about always names his favorite band as Tourniquet, he may know more. geek
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:52 am

that's the interview I posted on CMR not too long ago.

Gary Lenaire wrote a book about it. I never read the book but some of the advertising and such for the book (including some reviews) seemed to infer the basis of it was that the Christian religion was "stolen" from other religions.. the whole lie that has it's head stuck in certain circles but has been soundly rebuttaled and is pure foolishness with no basis in reality. My assumption is that he swallowed that lie and probably a few others...

I spent some time on the other side of the fence and I can certainly appreciate his position.. at least as far as it is hard to look at the basis for your life and find it not as solid as you thought... it's not easy to get back to a place of belief and full confidence again. If God weren't very particularly involved in my case I never would have. I was probably more confident in my position than I am of most of my positions now! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 am

oh.. the book is called:

An Infidel Manifesto: Why Sincere Believers Lose Faith
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:25 am

Sounds like an interesting book. I think I will track down a copy. I am always interested in this subject. I spent a considerable part of my childhood in fundamentalist pentecostal and southern Baptist churches and as a teen in a Calvinist church. A lot of my life including my childhood was spent in Terror, confusion and absolute bondage. I always thought I was never going to be accepted by God And that I had to do better. I no longer feel That way In my current theologic views. That's why I'm always interested in books like these.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:47 am

I think Gary had the same problem as a lot of musicians that have left the faith over the years.........people looked to him as a spiritual leader rather than just as a musician addressing spiritual topics.

That's a whole lot of pressure for anyone, much less someone who is not truly matured and grounded.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:30 pm

It's good Gary is still friends with some of the ex Tourniquet guys.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks for filling in the details a bit for me guys. My heart always breaks when I hear of someone who once represented our Father announcing a change of heart (usually due to life's experiences, jerks in and out of the "church", or just doubt.)

I know some do not care for the absolute truth of Scripture, but it clearly says many are called but few are chosen - and Jesus's parable of the sower demonstrates that many will respond to the Gospel, but most will not take root. It's sad, and a bit scary.

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:54 pm

bassdude wrote:
I think Gary had the same problem as a lot of musicians that have left the faith over the years.........people looked to him as a spiritual leader rather than just as a musician addressing spiritual topics.

That's a whole lot of pressure for anyone, much less someone who is not truly matured and grounded.

+1 Bravo..... excellent response for ANY of these musicians who depart the faith.... They are just that....

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 pm

I agree bassdude...

I think when it comes down to it alot of 'Christian" artist are just that..artist musicians and they don't want people to look to them as spiritual mentors or guides but just musicians singing and playing whats in their hearts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gary Lenaire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Lenaire   Gary Lenaire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gary Lenaire
Page 1 of 1