Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cassettes into CDs.

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
Driven
ishmael81
rockerVu2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Cassettes into CDs. Empty
PostSubject: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:03 am

Is there a program that can convert cassettes into CDS?

I have some cassettes with very good sermons on it and some cassettes with music I love to burn CDs from.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 am

I've used Audacity in the past. You just record the tapes via your input jack on your PC to mp3 or wave files, then burn them to CD.

audacity.com - it's free!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 am

Thank you ishmael81.
Let me try this.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:24 am

No problem - if you have any other questions I've done it several times, I can probably help...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:11 pm

I bought this little Jensen Cassette player at target for $20. It came with some simple software. I plug it into the front of my computer in any usb with the provided cord and hit play. it converts everything to mp3, loads it into my windows media player, Adds the information (song titles, artist, etc.) and it can all be edited real easy. Not bad for $20. The player also works by itself just to listen to cassettes with headphones. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:37 pm

That's pretty sweet too. Sounds a little easier than Audacity too.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Thomas offers a cassette-to-CD service for $15 or so.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:16 pm

danielbandfan wrote:

Yes but that's Canadian, in US dollars it would be $149.95 (with an additional $6,492.84 for shipping). But RockerVu2 is in Europe so the whole package would only run her about 4 Euros.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 am

Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

Yes but that's Canadian, in US dollars it would be $149.95 (with an additional $6,492.84 for shipping). But RockerVu2 is in Europe so the whole package would only run her about 4 Euros.

All you have to do is go up to Vancouver and send it from there, can't be too expensive for you Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:20 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

All you have to do is go up to Vancouver and send it from there, can't be too expensive for you Razz

Well after I shell out $500 for a passport it wouldnt be too expensive Laughing

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

I thought you went to Canada on occasion?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:43 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I've used Audacity in the past.
+1. Great program. Very powerful.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:53 am

danielbandfan wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

I have been to Canada a few times in the past, but not since 9/11 when it got much tougher to cross the boarder without a passport (or a special U.S. drivers license).

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

I have been to Canada a few times in the past, but not since 9/11 when it got much tougher to cross the boarder without a passport (or a special U.S. drivers license).

I do a relative lot of US and French travel, so our family has passports. Kinda very useful Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 am

It would surprise me if more than 25% of U.S. residents have passports. I suspect that closer to 80% of Europeans have passports.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 am

Well, when entire countries are only the size of a postage stamp you need a passport.........oops, went around the block and now I'm in a different country.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:01 am

I haven't had a passport in over 10 years... we should get them just to have them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 am

Vonnie wil have to tell us about European people. But, if they are part of the EU, I didn't think you have to have a passport. Can you tell us more about this, Yvonne? You would know more about that than us.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 am

I haven't gone between European countries in a few years now, so I don't know how that goes. I wanted to make a weekend trip to Spain this summer but that didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:11 pm

When you are traveling in EU you must have and can show a valid identity Card.
There's no border control between the countries of the EU.
We have once had that our passports were checked when we crossed the Italian- Swiss border.
For countries outside the EU you need to have a valid indentity card.
So, for traveling inside Europe you need an identity card.

When you travel to the US or Canada or other countries outside Europe you need to have a valid passport.

I have a valid passport.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Does a health card or driver's license count as valid ID?

I don't think it took a check between France and Italy when we went some 10 years ago…
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:13 am

No a driver's license or a health card is not a valid ID.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 am

So I take it that this ID card is issued by the EU, and required for travel between EU countries?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:43 pm

I know that in Washington State (U.S. state that boarders Canada) that you used to be able to travel between Canada and the U.S. with just a valid U.S. drivers license. But since the 9/11 incident they changed the laws and you either need a special drivers license (with additional info/authentication) or a passport to travel back and forth across the boarder.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 am

Yes, the ID is requiered for travel between European countries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cassettes into CDs.   Cassettes into CDs. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cassettes into CDs.
Page 1 of 1