Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Study in Album Artwork

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

A Study in Album Artwork Empty
PostSubject: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 pm

I've always loved album cover artwork... but many covers are a mystery to me.

This thread is for asking and answering questions about Christian album covers, the art, the artists, controversies, etc...

I'll start with Applehead. I want to know, when the artist was creating this cover, what was he going for ? Is the dude in a hospital (with a saline drip ?) - What do you see ?

A Study in Album Artwork Applehead-meaning
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 pm

I'll Bite!! He was trying to capture the essence of a broken and shatttered life and How meaning can come from the message within!!!

Hence the fact he is looking into a shattered mirror!

I may be right or full of bull lol!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 pm

This could be an ultra cool thread if people don't google them... I'd like to see people stretch their minds, not their fingers... Smile
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:59 pm

I didnt google it straight from the cobwebs of my brain!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 pm

For some reason that album cover always make me think of a car wreck victim. The guy is laying there barely alive and the rest of the stuff is the wreckage of the car.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 pm

It might not have any real significance. The band name was thrown together at the last minute. The label could have simply thrown together something for this. I like the concept about hidden meaning coming from within, but it also looks a little like some record exec. simply said, "Hey, shattered glass is always cool and it's cost effective!"

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:00 am

Meaning through a shattered life. I like it. We'll go with it.

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:22 pm

I never looked at it closely before, but it looks like a broken stained glass window, and that odd stringy thing is a piece of the "lead" that used to support some of the stained glass.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:34 pm

What you see in the red letters can be an arm, with a hook on it, like Captain Hook had.
What you in the left corner can be a tie.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Wow Vonnie has a great imagination ! She's seeing stuff even the artist wasn't aware of Laughing

Next ALBUM ART:

... Is this just a random, thrown-together-picture-at-the-last-minute-cover ? Or is there a significance to a dude behind a stretchy thing ??

A Study in Album Artwork 638843
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:27 am

Interesting, I just came across the cover art for the CASSETTE version of Applehead... it's a little different. Doesn't really help with an interpretation though...

A Study in Album Artwork Appleh10
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:38 pm

That's weird. Looks like the photograph is superimposed over/behind the artwork version of the person.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Nobody have any comments on the Cynical Limits art ?

Howabout this album:

A Study in Album Artwork Cover_5441524112009

What do you make of it ?
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:35 pm

people trying to get into heaven but there is a fence up!!!! No one comes to the Father except through Jesus!!!

Thats my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Nobody have any comments on the Cynical Limits art ?

When I look at your original post I don't see any artwork to comment on....I wasn't quite sure what you were trying to say

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
people trying to get into heaven but there is a fence up!!!! No one comes to the Father except through Jesus!!!

Thats my 2 cents

I do like that interpretation. However, I do see another possibility. The band could also be saying that we are slaves of our own desires. The satellite above is just a part of the network of consumerism that cages us and keeps us from reaching God. We are more worried about getting new things that we have put ourselves into prison and serve only mammon.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Wow alldat I am really impressed!!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Hey, if I see something, I'll put it out there. I still think the Applehead release looks thrown together. Knowing that the band name was thrown together, I wouldn't doubt that the cover was done the same way.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:01 am

Timshell64 wrote:

Thats my 2 cents

My thought was the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Album Artwork   A Study in Album Artwork I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Study in Album Artwork
Page 1 of 1