Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chicken Religion?

Go down 
+5
ishmael81
Guilty/Forgiven
sabidoo
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:50 pm

So everyones talking about the Chik Fil a /gay comments issue. The press is running with it and throwing lots of fuel on a situation that would have died without their match. Everyones trying to turn it into a religious/Christian issue and it really isn't. As for the religious side it might be interesting to note that the Islamic view of homosexuality is way more "deadly" and stringent that the Christian view...they kill them. I would also like to note that there are plenty of non-christian people out there of all faiths and no faith that have a real problem with the gay issue. When I was not a Christian I viewed male homosexuality with pure hatred and disgust. I discriminated against them and refused to have gay friends or even allow someone who was openly gay to wait on me in stores or restaurants. After I came to Christ my hate died. I started seeing them with love and compassion and as just people who weren't any worse or better than me. I still see it as a choice but figure its up to god to judge and up to me to love and show respect. As for Chicken religion...geez, lets all eat where we want and ignore the worthless press.
Back to top Go down

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 pm

To me, it's just another manufactured controversy to distract us from other, more pressing issues. I am troubled by the use of government to suppress a business just because of the free speech of it's CEO, though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 am

Exactly! To me, the whole thing was set up so that the passage of more restricting gun laws would be overshadowed. It has little to do with "chicken religion". I see it more as conservatives standing politically with someone who shares their views in the public realm and who valued principles over profit. No one at our church was telling us to worship at Chick-Fil-A.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:46 am

I wanted to know what Chick-Fil-A is.
Yes sabdioo told me to ask the things I don't understand.
Back to top Go down

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 am

Chick fil a is a fast food restaurant that sells chicken sandwiches.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Chick fil a is a fast food restaurant that sells chicken sandwiches NUGGETS.

Fixed it for ya buddy... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 am

Never even heard of this place until this whole brouhaha. And apparently we have some of these chicken joints nearby... I just don't do fast food... whether it affects homos or not Laughing
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Chick Fil A is the greatest fast food restaurant ever, and the only one I ever eat at. The fact that the Truett family are believers and they're closed on Sunday so their employees can go to church and see their family makes them even more respectable.
Back to top Go down

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm thinking this boycott will backfire, and the net result will be increased profits for CFA.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:45 pm

I think it already has. Many Tennessee restaurants had to close early due to just being out of food and were reopening today late to give themselves time to restock.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 am

brokentulsa wrote:
So everyones talking about the Chik Fil a /gay comments issue. The press is running with it and throwing lots of fuel on a situation that would have died without their match. Everyones trying to turn it into a religious/Christian issue and it really isn't. As for the religious side it might be interesting to note that the Islamic view of homosexuality is way more "deadly" and stringent that the Christian view...they kill them. I would also like to note that there are plenty of non-christian people out there of all faiths and no faith that have a real problem with the gay issue. When I was not a Christian I viewed male homosexuality with pure hatred and disgust. I discriminated against them and refused to have gay friends or even allow someone who was openly gay to wait on me in stores or restaurants. After I came to Christ my hate died. I started seeing them with love and compassion and as just people who weren't any worse or better than me. I still see it as a choice but figure its up to god to judge and up to me to love and show respect. As for Chicken religion...geez, lets all eat where we want and ignore the worthless press.

I couldn't agree more
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 am

The way I see it, the CEO had every right to say what he said (let's also keep in mind he was answering a question in an interview, not standing on a street corner screaming at the top of his lungs), gay rights groups have every right to picket/protest/boycott, and Americans have every right to throw their support behind whichever side they choose. This is America. This is how this is supposed to work. Now, that being said a lot of the rhetoric around this is just ridiculous. I mean all the use of the word "hate" makes me wonder if that word has lost all real meaning. Chick-fil-a doesn't hate homosexuals. There is no evidence of corporate-wide discrimination against gay patrons or employees--I mean, they aren't serving gay patrons sandwiches laced with poison or anything else that would be consistent with "hate". On the other side, it has really brought out the "Christmas Christians" to give them something to feel good about themselves for. Above all, I think all of this has added more evidence to the claim that our society has lost (or is losing) its ability to have civil disagreements where we don't resort to name calling and over-the-top distortions of "the other side." (Before you say it, while it is common to both conservatives and liberals, I will concede that the liberals are "winning" in this instance and it isn't even close.)

All in all I'm sick of the whole thing and even more sick of people telling me how I'm supposed to act in all of this. I think I can decide that for myself.
Back to top Go down
rich71

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:59 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
The way I see it, the CEO had every right to say what he said (let's also keep in mind he was answering a question in an interview, not standing on a street corner screaming at the top of his lungs), gay rights groups have every right to picket/protest/boycott, and Americans have every right to throw their support behind whichever side they choose. This is America. This is how this is supposed to work. Now, that being said a lot of the rhetoric around this is just ridiculous. I mean all the use of the word "hate" makes me wonder if that word has lost all real meaning. Chick-fil-a doesn't hate homosexuals. There is no evidence of corporate-wide discrimination against gay patrons or employees--I mean, they aren't serving gay patrons sandwiches laced with poison or anything else that would be consistent with "hate". On the other side, it has really brought out the "Christmas Christians" to give them something to feel good about themselves for. Above all, I think all of this has added more evidence to the claim that our society has lost (or is losing) its ability to have civil disagreements where we don't resort to name calling and over-the-top distortions of "the other side." (Before you say it, while it is common to both conservatives and liberals, I will concede that the liberals are "winning" in this instance and it isn't even close.)

All in all I'm sick of the whole thing and even more sick of people telling me how I'm supposed to act in all of this. I think I can decide that for myself.

I agree with you 100% and have been saying something simulair on my FB page. As I see it all the hate has been unleashed from the Liberal side...as you stated...
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Actually, I didn't say that exactly. I do think there has been more coming from that side though.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I still see it as a choice but figure its up to god to judge and up to me to love and show respect.

TOTALLY agree with you!

Amen!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rich71

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:04 am

Fundy wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
I still see it as a choice but figure its up to god to judge and up to me to love and show respect.

TOTALLY agree with you!

Amen!

Fundy

As do I
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chicken Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Religion?   Chicken Religion? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chicken Religion?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum