Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back

Go down 
+5
unworthy
Staybrite
Driven
alldatndensum
rich71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back Empty
PostSubject: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

Been gone for awhile but glad to be back. Does anyone here have the remastered Bloodgood cds that were released in 2010..How do they sound?

Looking forward to hearing the new King James cd pretty soon..

Rich
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Good to have you, sir!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Hey Rich. I can't remember you so nice to meet you Smile

I have both Bloodgood albums. I don't have the originals, but the s/t sounds pretty good while Detonation still has treble problems to me (bad cymbals with screechy high guitar solos and vocals).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Good to see you back Rich it has been a long time since you where here.

I don't have the remastered Bloodgood discs myself but I have heard conflicting opionions regarding the sound quality. I'm also looking forward to hearing the new King James.

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:19 pm

who remastered those? was it cliffy? I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:54 pm

[quote="danielbandfan"]Hey Rich. I can't remember you so nice to meet you Smile

I have both Bloodgood albums. I don't have the originals, but the s/t sounds pretty good while Detonation still has treble problems to me (bad cymbals with screechy high guitar solos and vocals).[/quot

Thanks for your reply Dan. I had a special combo cd of both the ST cd and Detonation. I thought they were ok a bit muffled in sound. I either damaged them or lost them..I decided to purchase at a pretty good price both remastered cd's. I'm hopeing it wasnt a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:02 pm

rich71 wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

I have both Bloodgood albums. I don't have the originals, but the s/t sounds pretty good while Detonation still has treble problems to me (bad cymbals with screechy high guitar solos and vocals).

Thanks for your reply Dan. I had a special combo cd of both the ST cd and Detonation. I thought they were ok a bit muffled in sound. I either damaged them or lost them..I decided to purchase at a pretty good price both remastered cd's. I'm hopeing it wasnt a waste of money.

The lyrics are super small but the liner notes themselves are really cool. Plus it's just so nice to have them separate. Razz
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3110
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:38 pm

I had the originals at one time and these are an improvement over them. However with that said the original production was rather thin and that can't be fixed. You can get the remasters pretty cheap now too. As stated the liner notes are hard to read because of the small size and the colors don't blend well. Each has bonus cuts that I think are from metal Mardi gras. Worth picking them up before they disappear again. I don't want to tell you were to get them because there is a particular distributor who has come into question as of late but you might want to try the Roxx Productions site as Bill may still have a few of them left and is a trustworthy person.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3110
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Oh and yes Cliffy remastered them.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

What does it mean to remaster a recording...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:55 pm

rich71 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

As far as I know, it's to change EQ settings and to keep volumes the same from song to song.
This is better than my knowledge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remaster
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:15 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
rich71 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

As far as I know, it's to change EQ settings and to keep volumes the same from song to song.
This is better than my knowledge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remaster

I wish they would've re-recorded both of them..I know that probably wouldve been alot of work..Just like Rex Caroll did with the ST whitecross cd...
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:56 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
rich71 wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

The lyrics are super small but the liner notes themselves are really cool. Plus it's just so nice to have them separate. Razz

so its a remaster of the original mix...not a change in the mixing
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:24 pm

wb.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:36 am

Welcome Back Brother!!! The more the merrier ?LOL
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:19 am

Welcome back to CHM rich.
It's good to have you back.

I've bought two of the remastered CDs Bloodgood CDs.
They are very good, but I never bought the older Bloodgood CDs.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:00 am

rich71 wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:
rich71 wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

so its a remaster of the original mix...not a change in the mixing

That's so. A remix would involve having all the tracks separate, which is somewhat unlikely with old albums like these.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 am

well.. maybe I'm biased but ANYTHING Cliffy puts his hand to is worlds better than the original.. at least everything I've heard the man do... he's got magic hands.. lol ... is very skilled at what he does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 12:52 pm

So were you cut loose from the noose? Razz

I think the reformed Bloodgood should record that entire first album properly, or at least a song or two for the new album. Hope springs eternal...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
So were you cut loose from the noose? Razz

I think the reformed Bloodgood should record that entire first album properly, or at least a song or two for the new album. Hope springs eternal...

I always thought the first album sounded better than the second, songwriting notwithstanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:31 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
I always thought the first album sounded better than the second, songwriting notwithstanding.

I must disagree. Even back in the 80's, when records were not necessarily expected to sound excellent, the tinniness of the recording was quite noticeable. It's pretty ironic that a band named after the bass player would have so little bottom end.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

I must disagree. Even back in the 80's, when records were not necessarily expected to sound excellent, the tinniness of the recording was quite noticeable. It's pretty ironic that a band named after the bass player would have so little bottom end.

Just curious, do you have the remaster? It sounds pretty darn good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:10 pm

I do. The sound is improved, but the bottom end can't be added in if it wasn't ever there. It was a problem with the original recording. I love the album dearly, but more bass would be soooo nice.

I'm no recording engineer, but it might even be possible for Michael Bloodgood to just record some new bass tracks and add those in rather than a totally new recording.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Well, it's not like RIAHP or anything… Razz

(Cliffy did a good job on that, IMO)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back   Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been Gone for Awhile, Glad to be Back
Page 1 of 1