Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer Empty
PostSubject: MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer   MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 am

Anyone else into this pop rock band? I've been a fan since before most of the world ever heard of them. I was looking for some good worship music, and I found an early CD of theirs that was self-produced (Look)in one of the many Christian book stores we used to have around here. I also found their brand new release Almost There. The store only had a couple of each. I asked the clerk about it that I knew really knew who was who in the industry. The guy said that he had never heard of them. This was back in early 2001. I loved this one song "I Can Only Imagine" and wondered why Christian radio wasn't playing this song. Then, Sept. 11 hit and everybody was playing that song. But, even though the song kinda got old, my love for MercyMe had grown.

I recently bought their new album "The Hurt And The Healer". Even though they get blasted by rockers for not being heavy enough or reviewers for not doing enough differently, I still love them. I love how their songs speak to me. I also love Bart Milliard's voice. I even kind of dig their writing style. When they get ready to record, they write their songs in the studio and record them without much reworking. It's a method that has earned them several gold records and many awards.

You haven't heard the new album? Well, you can hear clips here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer   MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:22 am

I have songs of Mercy Me, I really like.
Listening to the clips now.

Those songs are cool.
Some songs sound a bit harder than the others, but I like those songs.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer   MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm

I listen to K-Love a lot when I'm driving, and they play The Hurt and the Healer quite a bit. Very powerful song.

"I'm alive, even though a part of me has died"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer   MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:45 pm

I was listening to the entire "Undone" album while driving on my vacation last week. I never think to put on one of their albums, but when I do hear it I am always reminded of how good their stuff is. Bart is an absolutely great singer for that kind of music.

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer   MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Actually, that song is almost getting old on XM radio.

I catch myself whistling a line from the song quite often.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer   MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MercyMe - The Hurt And The Healer
Page 1 of 1