Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mad Max - Another Night of Passion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Mad Max - Another Night of Passion Empty
PostSubject: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:04 pm

Looks like Mad Max has a new album out "Another Night of Passion". Not even sure you can call them a "Christian band" anymore. But you can stream the entire album here.

http://gunshyassassin.com/exclusive/mad-max-exclusive-album-stream-another-night-of-passion/

I've listened to the first four songs and they seem to rock much better then what I have heard from their last few albums. As for the "message" in the music I have no idea....the few songs I listened to don't seem to have anything objectionable lyrically, but I'm not hearing anything that really points to Christ either. Give it a listen and tell me what you think

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:03 pm

They've reunited the 80's lineup for the first time since 1987's "Night of Passion" CD. They didn't feel it was right to mix the Christian based themes of recent albums with the classic line-up for fear that it would confuse the fans. I find that reasoning curious, at best.

The new music sounds awesome, but I'm really trying to keep my mind watered by music that points me to Jesus. I'll probably pass on this, though I feel very tempted because it sounds so good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:41 pm

I kind of have to agree with FOJ there. I think that the music sounds great, but reuniting the classic lineup and doing away with spiritual themes is very curious indeed--especially when one of the songs is about "Falling From Grace".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:56 am

Listened to some songs too.

The music is great without any doubts.
I agree with what Chris and Follower Of Jesus have said about this.

Maybe is Mad Max the band we have to pray for next week.
That they don't loose their Christian identity to think mixing Christian based themes of recent albums with the classic line-up for fear that it would confuse the fans.
What do you guys think about this?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:55 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Maybe is Mad Max the band we have to pray for next week.
That they don't loose their Christian identity to think mixing Christian based themes of recent albums with the classic line-up for fear that it would confuse the fans.
What do you guys think about this?

Great idea!

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:50 pm

This sounds really good. I read one review of the album that said this band was promoting their ideas and faith in lyrics the way bands like kings x and Mass do.

I had a friend give me a couple of their cd's not long ago. Somehow I never got around to listening to them. This is a great band.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:45 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I read one review of the album that said this band was promoting their ideas and faith in lyrics the way bands like kings x and Mass do.

Which is to say, not much at all. I mean no disrespect, but they can't call it promotion or even sharing of their faith when it is so masked that you have to already be a Christian in order to even pick up on it in the lyrics.

These guys can sure play, though. And the lyrics don't seem bad at all. I'm not knocking them down. If they feel called to go the secular music route, that's cool. I'm not trying to tear them down. But bands like Barren Cross, Whitecross, Guardian, etc....these bands promoted their faith. Mass, King's X and now Mad Max on their new one do not promote their faith really at all.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 pm

I've been listening to all of Mad Max's albums clear back to the 80s for a couple weeks now. I really like their sound.
What IS the story with them ? Are they just a great rockin band that has some Christian members ? Or are they just another band that lyrically explores Christianity at times ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:11 pm

I kinda wondered the same thing. I see they are listed on sites that profile bands as a christian band but I kinda saw them more as a band that was not christian who got a vocalist who was christian and now they are going more secular...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Again, I really like this band... and in many songs they are very clear in their Christian faith, other songs are just harmless tunes with good lyrics. I haven't heard anything yet that raises any red flags or any cursing so far.

What I do hear is some great sounding rock !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max - Another Night of Passion   Mad Max - Another Night of Passion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad Max - Another Night of Passion
Page 1 of 1