Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bands we listen to and talk about!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

The Bands we listen to and talk about!! Empty
PostSubject: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:57 am

You know we talk about the bands we like and don't like!! We try to evaluate their spiritual impact or the lack there of!! I was wondering do we pray for them? They are sometimes out with no or little support spiritually. Trying to fulfill a call upon their lives whether they admit it or realize it or not. We buy their music and lets be honest "judge"it, but do we pray for them!! We need not only be listening to our favorite bands we need to be praying for them as well. I am talking to myself now!!!

Just think of how much more they could be accomplishing if we would be obedient and pray for them!!!

Just the ramblings of an old metal head who Loves Jesus!!!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Thumbs Up

Nice ! And true ! I don't think I've ever prayed for a band in particular, but I've been at concerts and prayed for the band's message to be heard by the unsaved in the audience.

But praying for the actual band would be just as necessary as praying for a missionary (which is what they are)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Maybe we could pick one band per week and use that time to pray specifically for that band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:55 pm

You know that is not a bad Idea, concentrate on those that are actively touring or something like that!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:04 pm

It doesn't even have to be someone touring. They could be in the creative stages like Tourniquet, Saint, Guardian, etc. Regardless of touring, if they are trying to create art to shine the light of Jesus to the world, then they are worth praying for.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:09 am

Oh I totally agree I was just thinking those toring were actively reaching people!! It didnt meant that the others were not. It was just an Idea!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:58 am

I pray for bands, not so much as I pray for situations and people.

That's a wonderful idea Chris to take a band to pray for every week.

Timshell, it's a wonderful idea.

Is it an idea to start this week praying for Joshua Perahia?
This new album since a long time will be released at the end of May.
We can pray that everything goes smoothly and the CD is on time and it will help other people to find God through the lyrics of this new CD.

What do you think about this?
Or do you have an other band in your mind?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Great idea.

I have prayed for a few bands, but only when they were asking for it (for touring, or problems/lost equipment etc.)

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:16 pm

I think that praying for Joshua and band would be excellent!

Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:43 pm

I agree Sounds like a great idea!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:01 am

Next question, can we use this thread to find a band we can pray for each week?
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

Fine with Me!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bands we listen to and talk about!!   The Bands we listen to and talk about!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bands we listen to and talk about!!
Page 1 of 1