Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

X-Sinner news.

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
rockerVu2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:03 am

The next and final X-Sinner album has been put on hold indefinitely due
to Greg's back surgery and recovery. Greg has no time to record while
dealing with physical therapy in trying to get well enough to actually
perform live first. The band is still accepting live dates for later
this year.

When I understand it well, it really is the last X-Sinner album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:17 pm

That is a bummer, my prayers go out to Greg and his family. I pray he has a swift and full recovery.

rockerVu2

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Yes, this really is bummer.
but maybe .... the guys think about it when Greg is recovered from his surgery to surprise their fans with an album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:46 pm

I do hope that after his back heals that X-Sinner gives us one more album. I'd love to have more music from them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:37 pm

I never did get into the last album. While I love AC/DC I just thought this was too much of a stray from their older stuff and too much like a clone. Although there are some songs I do like on it, I juts don't get into it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 am

According to the band a few years back, the first 2 albums were more of a fluke when it came to their sound. The Elefante Bros. put their slickness into the sound/mix. The band wanted to be more like AC/DC in sound

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:48 am

Quote :
I'd love to have more music from them.

Me too, I'm sure there are more fans with the same thought.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:24 am

alldatndensum wrote:
According to the band a few years back, the first 2 albums were more of a fluke when it came to their sound. The Elefante Bros. put their slickness into the sound/mix. The band wanted to be more like AC/DC in sound

...and in so doing, the Elephante Bros. saved them. Their first two records are awesome, and nothing they've done since is, in my opinion, anywhere close to the greatness of those first two records. Songwriting gets credit, too. I'm not trying to say the band was completely worthless without the Elephante production, but I doubt they become more than a one-album band if they don't have some of that slick production worked into their music. That production is what made them sound at least a little different than AC/DC. Their last couple of records, without the Elephante production, have sounded like pure clones and have turned a number of people off (myself included). Nothing has to be totally original, but good grief, you can't so closely copy another band's style. It's just lame IMO.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Quote :
you can't so closely copy another band's style.

Sure you can. Saint has made a career off of it.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:05 pm

I have to confess that while I liked the last album I was certainly missing some of the Elefante production. "World Covered In Blood" was a little too rough "production-wise" for my taste.

Admin
alldatndensum

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:17 pm

I also fussed about that--until I read where the band was saying this was how they should have sounded all along. The album started growing on me after that. I do think it was still a bit rough, but the new GX Project coming out soon shows that they are able to correct those rough spots and still keep the AC/DC vibe without becoming too overproduced for their personal liking.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:22 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
you can't so closely copy another band's style.

Sure you can. Saint has made a career off of it.

In a way I disagree. Saint hasn't changed styles at all. In a way they are like Priest but sound different. X-Sinner had a much different sound on the first 2, then changed to more of a Bon Scott meets Brian Johnson AC/DC clone. Moreso than Saint sounds like Priest. I'm not saying X-Sinner are bad, because they aren't. And I did enjoy a few tracks on WCIB but not enough to buy it. I really like the tune that sounds a lot like Hells Bells and one or two other tracks but I prefer the first 2 which didn't sound like a clone of anything. It sounded like X-Sinner.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:09 am

I don't think Saint is a clone. Influenced by JP, yes, but not a clone of them. X-Sinner sounds exactly like AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5320
Registration date : 2007-05-04

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Sad to hear about Greg and it being the last X-Sinner album. I thought WCIB was a bit rough round the edges, but it had the raw power that makes it a frequent player for me, and I actually prefer it to Peace Treaty.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Posted on FB today:

Quote :
Glenn
Thomas is announced as the co-producer of the next X-Sinner album. Los
Angeles (ap): After producing the GX Project album 'Bite Stick' with Rex
Scott, X-Sinner is recruiting Glenn to co-produce and mix their next
album. Guitarist Greg Bishop has recovered from recent back surgery and
is preparing to begin tracking along with Rex. Tracking had started at
the end of 2011 but Greg's back surgery put the recording on hold.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:57 am

Yippppeeeeee, there comes an other X-Sinner album.
I love to read this.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:20 am

While I am interested in a new X-Sinner disc, I am in boat with those saying the first two discs were best. I didn't care too much for WCIB but will give this a try.

Now I need to order the GX Project to try it out.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 am

Hardkore wrote:
While I am interested in a new X-Sinner disc, I am in boat with those saying the first two discs were best. I didn't care too much for WCIB but will give this a try.

It's miles ahead of WCIB. Much better production and better sounding.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Quote :

Hardkore, The GX Project really rocks.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Quote :

Hardkore, The GX Project really rocks.

Well I found it on Ebay and ordered it. Now to wait for it to come in the mail.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 am

On ebay already?
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 am

MikeInFla wrote:
On ebay already?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230781170303?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am

I bought mine from the X-Sinner site. As soon as I did I was e-mailed a free MP3 of "Tricky Little Devil". I was also surprised that I got it in the mail 2 days later from California to Florida.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 4:03 am

Well evidently mine was being sold by Rex Scott himself. I got email confirmations from ebay showing the seller was Rex. I even got an email from X-sinner enclosing the song "Tricky Little Devil".
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:03 am

So how do you like your free track? Good song! if you like it, you'll like the rest of the album too. Listened to it again tonight on the way to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

X-Sinner news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner news.   X-Sinner news. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-Sinner news.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next