Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who are these guys ???

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Who are these guys ??? Empty
PostSubject: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:35 pm

A while back someone gave me an mp3 album entitled "Driven Beyond".
This is supposedly the band's name as well as the album's title. It has the year 2005 on it.
It's a great hard rock album, well produced, but these guys don't seem to exist according to massive internet searches I've done.

Anyone know anything about this band ??

The following is the song listing:

Who are these guys ??? Driven10
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 pm

I can't say that I've heard of them, but I'd sure like to if they are hard rock.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Oh, that's my buddy Chris's old band, in which he played drums (for the first half of the album at least). I uploaded their album (they never released it and later disbanded) a while back and put the link up here for grabs. And as far as production, Chris said they recorded it in the singer's basement lol
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Quote :
Chris said they recorded it in the singer's basement lol

Are you KIDDING !?!? It sounds fantastic ! It's a really good album too.

Do you know if there was cover art, or a logo or anything ?
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Are you KIDDING !?!? It sounds fantastic ! It's a really good album too.

Do you know if there was cover art, or a logo or anything ?

I know, I told him the same thing! And sadly no, I don't think they had a logo or anything. When Chris gave a copy to me, it was just a burnt disc. They never went far enough to get any of that done. About a year or so later, some of the former members put together a band called New American Standard, but it didn't really go anywhere either. I think they put out a few songs, but disbanded shortly afterward.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Awesome info (except for no logo/artwork). I have the 'demo' by NAS too. That's pretty cool to learn that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:54 am

silentthunder89 wrote:
Oh, that's my buddy Chris's old band, in which he played drums (for the first half of the album at least). I uploaded their album (they never released it and later disbanded) a while back and put the link up here for grabs. And as far as production, Chris said they recorded it in the singer's basement lol

Have you still got that link?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:40 pm

I still have this, fantastic modern rock sounding band. It's a shame they didn't get some sort of record deal.

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:08 pm

If you post the link I would like to get a copy of it too!!

Thanks Brother

Timshell64
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:24 pm

I think the original link expired, but I just re-uploaded it. By all means, anyone who wants it is free to download it! It's in .zip format.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dd0k2zjad28jv4b
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:15 am

I'm downloading it right now… Y'know, I think I'll make some artwork for this, just to have something to look at when I play it on my iPod/iPhone.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 am

So I made some artwork for it. Nothing complicated, just the title, and a background (and a hardly-visible copyright disclaimer, as it is by NASA but public domain).

Who are these guys ??? 6750223357_80a6db0a28_z

I just want something non-plain to see when I'm playing it. Razz

Last edited by danielbandfan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : couple of minor corrections)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:45 am

Way to go dbf ! I'm going to take that "cover art" for mine too. I hate seeing no art when I'm listening to my iphone (and I hate puting the boring "No Image" on my collection site)

I had just finished uploading this album when I came back to post the link and realized SilentThunder beat me to it. Grrrrr Evil or Very Mad Laughing I snoozed and I loozed

It's a really good album though, I enjoy it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:54 pm

I made a cover image deally for mine too (some time back), but for some reason I can't seem to find the orig file, just the wimpy little 200x200 folder image.

Who are these guys ??? Folder

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 pm

I think if you used my font with DBF's galaxy image you would probably have an overall better cover.

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:41 pm

OK, I gave it a try too.

Who are these guys ??? Driven11
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:16 pm

LOL -You guys are cracking me up !!! Naz, yours is definitely the funniest. And I agree the dbf picture is cool, but SBs font is better....

choices, choices....
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:58 pm

nazpastor wrote:
OK, I gave it a try too.

Funny, and I like it, but it looks like it belongs on a CCM album or something.

Staybrite, do you remember what font you used? I'd try another version with that font.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:04 pm

I actually like DBF's the best and will use that in the Zune.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Listening now. Really good stuff, although I think my kids will get more mileage out of this than me. The recording is very professional. Who are these guys ??? 676823
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 pm

nazpastor wrote:
OK, I gave it a try too.

I love it! It would definately have been the best selection if it was a power-pop type band.

Who are these guys ??? 676823

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm

danielbandfan wrote:

Staybrite, do you remember what font you used? I'd try another version with that font.

I had to scroll through MS Word to find it....it's called Viner Hand ITC.

If you can get it (or even something similar) and pick a little more subtle font color than the red I will totally replace the cover I made. I like the way mine turned out, but the image I used is probably a better fit for a gothic or black metal band/

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

I had to scroll through MS Word to find it....it's called Viner Hand ITC.

If you can get it (or even something similar) and pick a little more subtle font color than the red I will totally replace the cover I made. I like the way mine turned out, but the image I used is probably a better fit for a gothic or black metal band/

Downloaded the font. I'll fix it tonight, after my music exam. Shocked
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:36 am

Staybrite wrote:

I love it! It would definately have been the best selection if it was a power-pop type band.

Who are these guys ??? 676823[/quote]

Seriously, power-pop??? Just look at it, the font I used looks all totally CHROME. That's pure metal isn't it? lol!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:06 am

lol!

(definitely pop.... sorry Naz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are these guys ???   Who are these guys ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who are these guys ???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next