Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comics and Graphic Novels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Comics and Graphic Novels Empty
PostSubject: Comics and Graphic Novels   Comics and Graphic Novels I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

I do not know if there is already a thread on this...if so sorry.
I love to read graphic novels and comic books. I really like Thor, Red Sonja, Vampirella, Donald Duck, Uncle Scrooge, and any Walt Disney in general.
Our local library has tons of graphic novels. Sometimes I check them out there and sometimes I buy them. Alot of the modern ones have sure changed. I got a batman from the library and it was so dark I stopped reading it. It went on and on about how atheistic batman is and how angry he was. That is not the batman I grew up with. I also checked out wonderwoman and there was a story line about how Zues had destroyed the 'Christian" God and how Jesus was weak. That is not the wonderwoman I grew up with. I guess I will stick to the older comics when I can find them and the graphic novels with reprints of the older comics in them. What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Comics and Graphic Novels   Comics and Graphic Novels I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 pm

I haven't read a comic book or graphic novel in 20 years or more. I loved them as a kid, but just not so much as an adult.

Are the atheistic storylines really that bold now? If so, I am glad I have not read them. Is that kind of agenda really necessary to tell superhero stories?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Comics and Graphic Novels   Comics and Graphic Novels I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:12 pm

I used to have a subscription to the Heavy Metal graphic novel/mag several years ago. But they started getting rather inappropriate with the their story lines (way too much sex). When my 4-year old daughter pointed to an inappropriate pic in one of the editions and said "Daddy what's this?" I figured it was time to cancel my subscription. I do love the look of many of them, but it has been years since I read one.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Comics and Graphic Novels   Comics and Graphic Novels I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I haven't read any comics in awhile. The last ones I got were concerning
Superman and the battle with Doomsday,Funeral for a Friend and the
Reign of the Supermen. After that is was just a couple of others about
Superman. I often wondered about the story of Batman vs. Predator.

brokentulsa wrote:
Alot of the modern ones have sure changed. I got a batman from the library and it was so dark I stopped reading it. It went on and on about how atheistic batman is and how angry he was. That is not the batman I grew up with. I also checked out wonderwoman and there was a story line about how Zues had destroyed the 'Christian" God and how Jesus was weak. That is not the wonderwoman I grew up with. I guess I will stick to the older comics when I can find them and the graphic novels with reprints of the older comics in them. What does everyone else think?

I am almost afraid to ask what they did to Supe's .
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Comics and Graphic Novels   Comics and Graphic Novels I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Major comic book fan here since childhood. Still got many Superman, Superboy, X-men, Spiderman, F4, and more from the 60s and 70s.

My fav has always been Spidey. I've got the entire Ultimate Spider-Man graphic collection. My love for Spidey led me to begin the Civil War story. So now I have that entire collection too (if you haven't read the Civil War, which culminates in the death of Cap America, you need to get those now!)

Add to those, my Far Side collection, Calvin and Hobbes, Zits, For Better or For Worse, and Bloom County. Heck, my dream was to be a cartoonist since childhood. I planned to be a pencil artist for comics clear up until my late teens (when I realised it was a pipe dream - but you can see some of my efforts here on my art page: http://www.jimscmc.com/art/art.html )
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Comics and Graphic Novels   Comics and Graphic Novels I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:31 am

I never have read those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comics and Graphic Novels   Comics and Graphic Novels I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comics and Graphic Novels
Page 1 of 1