Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daniel Band Question

Go down 
+2
rockerVu2
Driven
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Daniel Band Question Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Anyone know when the Running Out Of Time reissue is coming out?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Should be soon. I heard DeathIsGain was working on the artwork a couple months back, and Cliffy will be doing the remasters. Believe me… I'm not DBF for nothing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:45 am

I knew you could give an answer DBF.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:52 am

Cliffy said he's more or less finished Rise Up (with some vinyl artifacts to remove), and he's yet to start Running….
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:18 am

I just don't know that I will buy these again. I like the Daniel Band, but I don't listen to them a lot. Those first reissues were my first exposure to them, so they just didn't have the nostalgia factor that some reissues have. I realize that Cliffy does good work, but some of these remasters don't sound improved to me. Sure, the bass and drums are more defined in a lot of them. However, some of these classic albums won my heart with their original sound and the updated sound actually takes away from the experience to me. Also, instead of continually redoing and releasing the same stuff over and over, WHY didn't Retroactive remaster this stuff to start with? With all the reissues from Titanic, Saint, and now Daniel Band, we are being reissued to death with the same titles over and over.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:25 am

It's because the old copies are going out of print. I had to find a copy of Rise Up/Running Out Of Time (2003/2004 edition) used. Wasn't impressed with the mastering or the packaging.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:43 am

Maybe reissues are good for the business, but to be honest I don't like it to buy reissues.
I still have the older CDs and on this way I get so many Cds and a problem where to put my CDs.
I only buy reissues when I don't have the original CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:41 pm

The Daniel band is one of the first bands I heard..besides REZ. (even before I heard stryper) A friend gave me the cassette of their first album and I have been hooked ever since. It is hard to find their stuff. I buy remasters when its the only way to get a copy at a reasonable price. I grew up in the 70s and 80s and I like the original sound of the music usually. Sometimes it is just hard to beat the original.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:41 pm

I am still waiting on these albums. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:16 pm

I've heard preliminary versions of the remasters and they are good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Count me in with the group that bought the reissues a few years back and don't have any interest in buying them again. I like them, but don't even really listen to them a whole lot.

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Finally they are here...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 am

I need to hear some of this before I even think about rebuying. I was pretty happy with the other releases.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:07 pm

The Running out of Time reissue sounds 100xs better than my original issue CD...

The original had too much tininess which made it hard to listen to.

Cliffy did a fab job cleaning this up....

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:36 pm

While I normally don't hear the big difference in some of these remasters, I must say that I compared what I have on my Zune to the samples on CD Baby. WORLDS difference! I bought the downloads.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Cliffy did a hugely great job on cleaning up Rise Up, considering that it was from vinyl. I didn't notice as much of a difference in Running Out Of Time, except that the bass had a better sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:09 pm

I really like the bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 am

danielbandfan wrote:
Cliffy did a hugely great job on cleaning up Rise Up, considering that it was from vinyl. I didn't notice as much of a difference in Running Out Of Time, except that the bass had a better sound.

I didn't notice any difference with the Ransom disc. On the two Bloodgood remasters, I thought that the bass sounded nice, but the stereo spread was reduced. There have been other albums he's done that I just didn't like the sound of when it was finished.

On these, however, the stereo spread is wider. The instruments stand out now instead of being muddled together. The guitars have more bit. These two albums are definitely sounding like a classic rock band that recorded last week.

The two bonus tracks show that Daniel Band can still bring the goods and make me want a new project from them.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:51 pm

They're still pretty darn good live. Not perfect, but who is? I enjoyed Sixteen featuring Rex on vocals.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:28 am

Ok the peer pressure is too much. I can only get one of them next month...so which one should I get first?

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Probably Rise Up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:43 am

Nope. If you have to choose one, make it Run From The Darkness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Ok....so we have one vote for each....that doesn't help me too much. Come on people!
lol!

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Okay... I vote for Run From The Darkness. Now there are two votes! cheers
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey... you already voted. This isn't Chicago, you don't get to vote multiple times.
Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Band Question   Daniel Band Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daniel Band Question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next