HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Little story about giving (true story too!!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Number of posts: 3052
Registration date: 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Little story about giving (true story too!!!)   Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:32 pm

At our Bible study last night, an old lady told us this true story....

Her husband was in charge of keeping in contact with various churches around the country regarding the missionary society he was involved with. He would send the churches letters and updates, so the churches could give and pray effectively.

One day there was some finanicial problems that needed to be overcome so he sent out letters to the churches asking them to pray and give if they could.

One church replied, that as they gave to a number of missionary societies they couldn't help out much but would increase their giving by a little bit, and then they added at the end "the Lord will supply all your needs" meaning the Lord would cover the shortfall.

Her husband replied (in a tactful way!) that the verse they quoted was taken out of context, because the verse was talking about giving all the financial quantity that was needed and then the Lord would provide for that Church, not giving a bit and the Lord would provide the rest for the missionary.

Amazingly enough, the church gave exactly what was needed, and also did the same to their other missionary commitments, and the church was blessed by God, because of it.

------------------------------------------------

It was an interesting story and one that makes us think, because giving money beyond our abillity is something that is not very easy to do!!!!!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbillett.freeserve.co.uk
Staybrite

Number of posts: 13890
Registration date: 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Little story about giving (true story too!!!)   Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:13 pm

Great account Fundy.

Reminds me of the woman who gave just two coins, yet she had given all she had. So Jesus proclaimed that she had given more than all the others.

Number of posts: 12593
Registration date: 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Little story about giving (true story too!!!)   Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:49 pm

Great to read this.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

Number of posts: 875
Registration date: 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Little story about giving (true story too!!!)   Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:03 pm

pretty cool!!
Back to top Go down

Little story about giving (true story too!!!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1