Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Krochet Kids

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Krochet Kids Empty
PostSubject: Krochet Kids   Krochet Kids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Not sure if any of you have heard of this organization or not, but a while back I became familiar with them. It is a group founded by some college guys who loved to crochet. One of them went on a mission trip to Uganda and came back changed. As I researched, I found that at least part of the founders were alumni of Vanguard College in California, an Assembly of God college.

They went to Uganda, and began to teach the women to crochet. They went on to market the hats, with a huge chunk of the profits going back to suppor the women who were making the hats. Each hat is hand-crafted (not all are crocheted now, some maching knitting) and signed by the woman who made it. My wife and I decided to order some hats for Christmas and I have to tell you I absolutely love the hats. They are very high quality, and very well constructed. In addition, I feel that I have actually made a difference in someone's life because of my involvment. The Krochet Kids organization recently started a work in one of the poorest areas of Peru on the same principles. They started with 10 women in Uganda and have expanded to over 200 women making hats. Each woman has a short bio on the website, so you can learn about the person who has made your hat.

I highl recommend your check out their site, and if you need ideas for Christmas presents, these hats are really amazing products. They sell out of items quickly, so if you see somthing you should grab what you are looking for. The only other place you can get their products is from Nordstroms, who do have some other varieties still remaining. check out the KK site though to get familiar with them.

http://www.krochetkids.org/
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Krochet Kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krochet Kids   Krochet Kids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:10 pm

I don't wear a lot of knit hats or sweaters. I was interested in getting a t-shirt, but they don't carry my size.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Krochet Kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krochet Kids   Krochet Kids I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:57 am

The t shirts are cool.
Hoodies always are nice too.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Krochet Kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krochet Kids   Krochet Kids I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:09 am

Yeah, I wanted a shirt, but didn't care for the sizes the offered. I could wear them, but it says for a looser fit order a size up and they don't have a 2xl, and I am afraid an XL would be too small.

But, if you need a present for someone for Christmas, I can say that all of the hats we bought, and the scarf (The Toob) are all top quality. They are adding more styles on December 7, and they are from the Peru project. No other information has been given about them though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Krochet Kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krochet Kids   Krochet Kids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Krochet Kids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: