Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Majestic Serenity reissue

Go down 
+3
Dynamis
kethdredd
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Majestic Serenity reissue Empty
PostSubject: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:24 am

The full length album by Sardonyx called "Majestic Serenity" has been reissued by Retroactive Records. Thrash metal/power metal fans will want to check this out. Also, for the first time on CD, Sardonyx's original 4 song cassette only demo "Rebel Of Reason" has been added to this as bonus tracks.

It is in stock and available through Radrockers.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:51 pm

I just bought it off of ebay. The samples sounded great.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:57 pm

I still have the original release of "Majestic Serenity" and have never been able to get into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:40 pm

Dynamis wrote:
I still have the original release of "Majestic Serenity" and have never been able to get into it.

Ditto, I've been thinking of going so far as to add it to my trade list. But nobody will probably want it now because of the re-issue.

--

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:25 pm

To be honest I am not really a thrash fan.
But you always have to listen first before you say I really don't like this music.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:56 pm

The samples didnt sound thrashy at all to me. More traditional/power metal.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:11 pm

kethdredd wrote:
The samples didnt sound thrashy at all to me. More traditional/power metal.

I would agree with the Power Metal tag, but not very traditional. Most of the songs are longer than most traditional power metal, and rather technical sounding too. Almsot kinda proggy power metal, but not neoclassical or even in the modern style of prog-power.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 4:58 am

Quote :
I would agree with the Power Metal tag, but not very traditional. Most of the songs are longer than most traditional power metal, and rather technical sounding too. Almsot kinda proggy power metal, but not neoclassical or even in the modern style of prog-power.

Man, aren't WE the genre-nazi! lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:09 am

It is NOT thrash whatsoever. It is classic metal or power metal. I really like the lyrics on this one. I think if it weren't for the encouraging lyrics, I'd probably pass it by.

But I'm all over this because, FINALLY!, we get the Rebel of Reason EP, which is FAR SUPERIOR to the Majestic Serenity album. It is superior due to the mix. The mix of MS is muddy. The guitars are too buried, and the bass is too prominent. If MS were remixed properly, it would be a phenomenal album, but as it is, I still enjoy it. But I can't wait to finally have Rebel of Reason again. Those four songs ROCK!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 2:42 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Man, aren't WE the genre-nazi! lol!

Well.....it was all supposed to be sort of tongue in cheek.
Tongue

Majestic Serenity reissue 2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 am

I have never listened to Sardonyx, but I really want to listen how this band sounds.
Let me try to find some samples.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:47 am

Hope nobody minds me bumping up an old thread, but...

Earlier this week I updated Angelic Warlord to include a review of the Sardonyx re-issue. When I first purchased "Majestic Serenity" in the early 90s, I listened to it a couple of times and then promptly shelved it. After listening to the re-issue, however, I gained appreciated for the bands music and gave them a pretty good grade (yes, I skip over a couple of songs, but there are some excellent examples of technical power metal here - "Corridor To Light" is excellent and the same can be said for 3 of the 4 "Rebel Of Reason" tracks).

Following is the link: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/s/sardonyx07.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
kethdredd

kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 11:12 am

I'm still trying to figure out if I like this one or not. The vocals take some getting used to. Reminds me a bit a Savatage.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy

Cliffy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 12:21 pm

Sardonyx was so much better live than they ever were on disc. I was so excited for Majestic Serenity when it came out. I mean, they took forever to record it and it just seemed like it was gonna be amazing. Then I got it and it was all drums and vocals. Retroactive sent it to me the other day and it looks fantastic, but still...it's all drums and vocals. As a mastering engineer, I know that that could've been taken care of...at least to a point. Wish it woulda been.

Still...they were great guys who were incredible live and I'm happy to have it to add to my collection.

later...Cliffy
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 3:50 pm

That was always my beef with MS. You can barely hear the guitars most of the time. And I shouldn't hear bass. Bass is like the wind....I should notice its effect, but not be able to see/hear it directly. Well, on MS, you hear bass all over the place. The songs were great, and Cliffy is right, this band was AWESOME live!

There are/were based here in Lancaster County, PA where I live, so I got the treat of seeing their final show in 1994. They were incredible!

But all the flaws of MS, to me, were not present on Rebel of Reason. RoR is nearly flawless to me. I just love that EP.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:38 pm

Quote :
You can barely hear the guitars most of the time. And I shouldn't hear bass. Bass is like the wind....I should notice its effect, but not be able to see/hear it directly.

Um.....not for us bass players. I want to hear some bass, but I don't want it to dominate. But, if it stands out, then that's cool by me. With Sardonyx, the bassist was doing more than just the typical "just follow the rhythm guitarist" thing. He has some really cool licks ala Iron Maiden. He needed to be heard!

Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 10:13 pm

I actually love the infront bass sound, I wish more recordings were like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:25 am

Add me to the list of people who love a prominant bass line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Majestic Serenity reissue   Majestic Serenity reissue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Majestic Serenity reissue
Page 1 of 1