Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday Empty
PostSubject: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:45 pm

I just bought tickets to the Casting Crowns show at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. The show is nearing a sell-out, so I felt good getting the seats I did. Not too close and not too far away! The opening bands are Sanctus Real and The Afters. Should be a good night.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:18 pm

That's what I think too, should be a good night.
Tell us how Sanctus Real and The Afters sound and of course Casting Crowns.

I think to buy a ticket to see Skillet and I am Empire in December.
Has anyone ever seen Skillet and I am Empire live?
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:27 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
That's what I think too, should be a good night.
Tell us how Sanctus Real and The Afters sound and of course Casting Crowns.

I think to buy a ticket to see Skillet and I am Empire in December.
Has anyone ever seen Skillet and I am Empire live?

Skillet by far is one of the best live bands in the business. They put on an amazing show. Well worth the price of admission. Haven't seen I Am Empire yet, but I do like them. But Skillet is worth it alone.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Quote :
But Skillet is worth it alone

Gotta agree there. Took my son to see Skillet about 4 years ago and they were so loud yet clear... rocked the house down!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:31 pm

I saw Skillet with Disciple and Decyfer Down about 3 years ago. It was a great show.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:37 am

I've seen Disciple twice and I loved it so much.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 pm

I saw Skillet and TFK in June. Very very cool, especially Skillet who put on an exceptional show.

I'm going to go see TFK next weekend, as part of Acquire The Fire. My brother has Steve Augustine on Facebook, so we'll get all our TFK stuff signed. cheers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:57 am

The Casting Crowns show was very good.If you're expecting a hard rock show--it ain't happening. This was a night of speaking God's truth both in song and between songs. It's a very uplifting show if you ever get to go to one.

There was a lady who sang to start with. Her new CD is coming out in a few months. I can't remember her name. She was a good singer, but her style wasn't something I'd listen to.

The Afters came up first. They only got to play about 5-6 songs, so they did two from each of their 3 CDs. The crowd favorites were "Never Going Back To OK" and "Light Up The Sky".

Sanctus Real came up next. While they do have a powerful testimony, I just didn't care for their show. These guys started out as a rock band, albeit pop rock, and have morphed into a contemporary pop band. They did mostly songs from their latest album that is not rock at all. I wan't real impressed.

Casting Crowns came on and started off with "Courageous" and ripped through several favorites and showcased some new songs from their CD that hits Tuesday. About 30 minutes in, the band took a 20 minute break to take all youth pastors downstairs to give up some free resources to help make our ministry better. It's all about the free stuff! Anyway, after that intermission, the came back with an all acoustic set for about 6 songs--some old favorites and a new one or two. Mark Hall then spoke to the crowd and it seemed like they were winding down. However, they did a couple of more songs with the full band sound before they ended the show. They did come back on stage and do "Until The Whole World Hears" before the house lights came up and the show really ended.

All in all, it was a good night!

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:35 am

Did someone say "Free Stuff"? cheers

I liked the old Sanctus Real, then I started listening to the new stuff and it turned me away.

Glad you enjoyed the show!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday   Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to see Casting Crowns next Friday
Page 1 of 1