Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rob Rock order question.

Go down 
+2
heath777
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Rob Rock order question. Empty
PostSubject: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:07 am

Now "Garden Of Chaos" wille be released in Japan, Europe and in the US
I wonder what's the best way to order it.
I think ordering it in Japan is very expensive.
Ordering in Europe only can at the end of this month and I wonder where you can order "Garden Of Chaos" in Europe.
Ordering in the US only can in October.
What should I do now?
Back to top Go down
heath777

heath777

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Well, if you are like me and can't wait go for the Japanese import. Yes it's more expensive plus the shipping is a lot more but it's the way to go if you lack patience like me and a few others around here. :)

But if you can wait I am sure for you it would be best to get the Euro version. You get the same songs just different artwork.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 5:14 pm

Yeah, I'm waiting for the European version. With so many online distros shipping the Euro version here to the States, I still have to wonder why they bother holding a US release until October. What's the point? By the time October comes, most US fans probably already have it. Its not like they're selling half a million copies or something.

I still hate the staggered release dates period. Its stupid that fans in one country are supposed to wait 2 full months more than fans in another country. Add to that the fact that many Japanese versions have bonus tracks.

Its like we fans here in the States are 2nd class fans. It really gets me angry if I dwell on it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 6:09 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:

I still hate the staggered release dates period. Its stupid that fans in one country are supposed to wait 2 full months more than fans in another country. Add to that the fact that many Japanese versions have bonus tracks.

Yes, that always seemed pretty stupid to me as well.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:10 pm

I'm an inpatient idiot. I went ahead and ordered the Japanese version. But, I think I can afford the second mortgage I had to take out to afford it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:46 am

To be honest I think it's very strange Rob Rock is doing this.
You really should think the fans in the US are second class fans.
I think he is the only artist who is releasing his CDs in different times.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 12:23 pm

I don't think it really has much to do with the artists when a CD is released like this. The way I have understood a CD release date is all how the label wants to release a disc. If any artist signs with a label in Japan, then the Japanese label has the determination of when that album will release. The cost of living is much higher in Japan and everything the rest of the world takes for granted, specifically in this discussion CDs, at reasonable prices. The Japanese labels include "bonus tracks" and early release dates to justifiy the extra cost of the CDs they release. If the Japanese labels didn't offer these perks, then the Japanese population would be much more inclined to wait for releases in other countries and pay less for the disc and more for shipping.

Just to clarify, Rob is not the only artist who is doing this. I have personally ordered discs from Divinefire, Audiovision, Pyramaze, Rob Rock and Narnia from CD Japan. All of them came with bonus tracks, early release dates and a some of the time different artwork. Those are all related to the Japanese labels, not the artists. An artist signs with the label and from that point on it is pretty much up to the label to determine what goes on a disc, when it is released and how it is promoted.

I have also read a lot of reviews that have commented on the fact that the Japanese standards of manufacturing are much higher than anywhere else in the world and that the discs themselves are superior to releases in other parts of the world. Meaning they sound more clear and last better than others. That is one of the driving factors for them charging more for the discs in the first place. The extra quality drives the price up, then to justify the price the extras are brought into the mix. I cannot verify this, because I don't have any hard evidence. This is just the information I have read online over the past few years since I have started buying from Japan directly.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:42 am

Most of the time I am a very unpatient waiter to the CDs I ordered.
This time I think it's better and much cheaper to wait till I can order the European version.
Question: where can I order the "Garden Of Chaos"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock order question.   Rob Rock order question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Rock order question.
Page 1 of 1