Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chewing Ice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Chewing Ice Empty
PostSubject: Chewing Ice   Chewing Ice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 pm

(No it's not the name of a new band)

Does anyone else have this very bad habit ?? I am completely incapable of drinking water without chewing all the ice up. It's damaged my teeth over the years, and is only getting worse.

I've read psychobabble on the net about the different reasons people chew ice, but none of them agree with each other, so who knows...

It runs in families too. My Dad, oldest brother(his daughter) and sometimes my other brother all chew ice.

What's your take on this ? Do you chew ice or do you think people who do chew ice have mental problems ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Chewing Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewing Ice   Chewing Ice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:58 pm

I don't really chew ice. I will suck on it for a while until it's small enough to crunch it by biting it. However, I don't do this every time I have ice. I mainly do this if it's hot outside and the drink I had was also served outside.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Chewing Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewing Ice   Chewing Ice I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:26 pm

I do it sometimes, but not everytime I drink. I do have a fascination with ice though. I add it to almost everything I drink (including orange juice)....and lots of it too.

Guilty/Forgiven

Chewing Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewing Ice   Chewing Ice I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:46 pm

even milk ???

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Chewing Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewing Ice   Chewing Ice I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
even milk ???

Suspect

I don't drink milk (never have) but I couldn't now anyway cuz I can't have cow dairy stuff.

But if I did drink milk I would put ice in it too. I have even put ice in beer once or twice before (but never wine).

Guilty/Forgiven

Chewing Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewing Ice   Chewing Ice I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Sounds like you prefer your drinks really cold. Have you ever tried one of those ice cups ? The ones that have a liquid in the liner, and you freeze it ? They're cool (or should I say cold).

Some carbonated drinks tend to lose their fizz when ice is added. I got this over-sized cup that I put a can or bottle in, then dump crushed ice all around it. Keeps the drink ice cold without putting ice in it. (I should patent this!)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Chewing Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewing Ice   Chewing Ice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:16 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Sounds like you prefer your drinks really cold. Have you ever tried one of those ice cups ? The ones that have a liquid in the liner, and you freeze it ? They're cool (or should I say cold).

I have owned several of those cups that you can freeze the liner to. But I still prefer the ice for some reason. I like the insulated cups so that the ice doesn't melt as fast.
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Some carbonated drinks tend to lose their fizz when ice is added.

Over the years I have come to prefer my "soda" with a little less "fizz". If I drink it straight from the bottle now it seems much to fizzy, and it messes with my nose.

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I got this over-sized cup that I put a can or bottle in, then dump crushed ice all around it. Keeps the drink ice cold without putting ice in it. (I should patent this!)
They already make these......they're called "ice buckets". Laughing

Chewing Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewing Ice   Chewing Ice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chewing Ice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: