Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

::gasp:: country bands ::choke::

Go down 
+11
bassdude
ChosenOne
ishmael81
messiaen77
Ascension
sabidoo
PouncerW
alldatndensum
Ahlitah
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 am

a
Here's a very modern day loot at country 'faith based' music.
Same song, first by the contemporary artist/writer, followed by the SMASH COUNTRY HIT.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Two words. Johnny Cash.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't listen to a lot but I gotta admit, Brantley Gilbert is actually pretty good. His last album "Halfway to Heaven" has more of a rock/country (I think more rock than country) sound to it. It really isn't that bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:31 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Two words. Johnny Cash.

That is all.

Beat me to it. I don't much like country, but BT's list was a good one (except for Patsy Clone). Johnny was all that was missing.

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:41 pm

Not a fan of country music at all........I do have a lot of respect for some of the guitarists though.....Brad Paisley and Vince Gill come to mind, those boys can play!

I spent my early years traveling with my mom's gospel group, then later traveling with our own family group with my brothers and sisters......not doing that anymore, never singing another southern gospel song ever again if I can help it.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:24 pm

my take: there are very few 'contemporary' Country artists i like. i LOVE old-school country, like George Jones, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, etc...

with that being said, i think a large percentage of Country artists have roots in Christian upbringing and sometimes they want to give a nod to that. i like the gospel albums from Randy Travis and Alan Jackson.
Country music, in general, however, is just as worldly and has the same spiritually damaging content as any other secular music. as with any other type of music, we must be on guard that what we allow to enter our ears doesnt poison what's in our spirit.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Johnny Cash.
Charlie Daniels. (especially his christian albums - steel witness is my favorite)
Randy Travis (gospel albums only)

beyond that.. here and there...

ALSO.. I think Don Francisco's (doing his own song) version of He's Alive is much better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:25 am

Go back in time to 1991 or so. I was working as a DJ at a top 40 station in Knoxville. One day the changed formats to country. I hated it. But since I was in the radio business and not the format business I decided to stay on. At the time I really liked Wade Hayes, Blackhawk, Doug Stone, Martina McBride, etc. I learned to like it. Someone else at the station said to me "country is kind of like a fungus. It slowly grows on you". LOL.

Also during that time I discovered an artist named Brett James. He was a Christian Country artist that did receive some play on secular country stations with a song called "Smoke & Mirrors". Good song.

Then in 1998 I left country and went to rock radio. I went back to hating country and since then I can't stand it anymore, even the stuff I used to like with the exception of Blackhawk. In 2001 I moved to Panama City and took a job at a rock station which also had a country station. I worked both. Never embraced country again which kind of surprised my current co-workers who knew me from hearing me on the air. I told them I was in the radio business, not the country music business and a job is a job no matter the format.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:29 am

MikeInFla wrote:
.... Someone else at the station said to me "country is kind of like a fungus. It slowly grows on you". LOL.

I can indentify with that, my wife listened to country for several years in the late 90's. As much as I complained about it I actually grew to like several of those songs.

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:43 am

For the most part, I don't follow country music (despite the fact that there are probably close to half a dozen country stations in this city), but I'm a huge fan of what's considered "classic" country - country music from the 40s through 70s or so. Buck Owens, Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline, Buck Owens, Johnny Horton etc. Of course, this is partly because I love Oldies music in general, and also because I grew up watching reruns of Hee Haw.

This has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. This is the original version, but it's also been covered by Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash and numerous others.

I do like some modern country songs as well. Carry Underwood's stuff is great, and I also liked Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now".
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Only old country I like is Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Alabama, Emmylou Harris, and The Mavericks. Much of the older country is too twangy and horrible to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ::gasp:: country bands ::choke::   ::gasp:: country bands ::choke:: - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

::gasp:: country bands ::choke::
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2