Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???

Go down 
+4
sabidoo
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Thomas
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thomas

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey silentthunder: What about classical music? Very Happy Razz

Thanks for the compliment on the EF songs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Thomas wrote:
Hey silentthunder: What about classical music? Very Happy Razz

Thanks for the compliment on the EF songs!

Funny you should ask, I actually enjoy Handel quite a bit! One of the music professors at my college did a recital in which she played exclusively Handel pieces. It was rather dark, yet beautiful! Haha!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Thomas wrote:
Hey DBF: Are you REALLY a Daniel Band fan? I only ask this because I saw your age over on the CMR, and if you really ARE that young, then you were not even born yet on the night when I was over at Tony Rossi's house watching Daniel Band practicing for a REUNION concert!

Yes… I really am that young. My dad had an old bootleg tape of On Rock and Straight Ahead, which he played a LOT in the car. I saw the DB in April. Got my dad's vinyl signed!
Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 6109087152_12bb22355b_m

--
My recording system is basically sending the bass through a boombox to the computer. It sounds very bad, and besides, I just lost an essential wire (Mom was cleaning my room). I do have a sample of my playing: http://soundcloud.com/kompilesoft/snakecore
I'm not very fast normally but I can play fast if need be.

--
I listened to the Incarnate tracks… We have a winner! The songs resemble each other, but I really like it. I'd buy an autographed copy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Quote :
Alldat: Speaking of bass... whatever happened to the bass tracks
you were going to contribute to the new Unforsaken CD? I had sent you a
mix, but I never heard back from you after that...

I just got really depressed about my own music and just stopped doing much of anything. It's hard to get motivated to do anything at all musically when you can't finish your own project. I don't even get to play at church anymore. It's almost like I've never been a musician. I play so little nowadays that I almost don't miss it which is a bad place to be. But, I understand why so many musicians our age just hang it up. No gigs, no musicians around with similar interests, scheduling conflicts, add in a recording project you can't finish, and you see where I am right now. I wish it were different.

I'll look around on the computer and see if I still have those files. I can honestly say I haven't touched them in probably years.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 am

SilentThunder: Handel, huh? I actually prefer "handle", myself... the case that my heavy metal guitar goes into has a HANDLE... my heavy metal amp has a HANDLE... in fact, I can HANDLE listening to heavy metal all day long! Very Happy Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Very Happy

Alldat: Dude, I can TOTALLY relate! With everything that I've had going on, it takes me AGES to get anything done, and that gets really depressing at times. But don't give it up! Pick up your bass for at least a few minutes a day, just to remind yourself why you love doing music. It helps a lot! I go through times where I don't touch a guitar for months, and then when I finally pick one up, I say, "WHY did I ever let this go???"
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:23 am

Hey DBF:

Cool! It's VERY rare to find someone your age who's actually into music like DB! Right on!

"Lost wire": I used to sing for a band called "Lost Coin"... is that close? Ha ha! Seriously though, isn't it a pain when moms clean their kids' rooms??? Razz

OK, I checked out your samples. Cool... sounds like you know what you're doing! How long have you been playing bass? Would you be interested in the possibility of some serious recording so you can get yourself heard out there? Maybe just a demo EP to start out...? Let me know... I can help... it's what I'm here for.

Incarnate CD: Cool... email me for a deal...
mail@unforsaken.ca
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:40 am

Found the wire at 10:30 last night… it was bundled up with my dad's headphones which I had borrowed.

Yeah… I'm interested in recording a demo. I've been playing since March, gradually picking up new stuff like scales and theory.

Where does Martin record his stuff? At home or a studio?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:01 am

It's good musicians encourage each other.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Quote :
Alldat: Dude, I can TOTALLY relate! With everything that I've had
going on, it takes me AGES to get anything done, and that gets really
depressing at times. But don't give it up! Pick up your bass for at
least a few minutes a day, just to remind yourself why you love doing
music. It helps a lot! I go through times where I don't touch a guitar
for months, and then when I finally pick one up, I say, "WHY did I ever
let this go???"

Quote :
Alldat: Speaking of bass... whatever happened to the bass tracks you
were going to contribute to the new Unforsaken CD? I had sent you a
mix, but I never heard back from you after that...

I cannot find those files on the computer at all. If you will send one or two, I'd love to give them a shot to see if I still got it. Also, if you can tell me how to get the whole mix off my Korg (Jon uses a different board), I'd send it all to you for mixing. Heck, at this point, I'm just about ready to see if we can just start it over from the ground up.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 am

Sorry for the delayed response, guys... been REALLY busy, and REALLY stressed for the past few days. Lots going on! Don't worry, I'm not disappearing for yet ANOTHER two years! Very Happy

DBF:
So far, Martin has recorded his tracks (guitars, vocals, keys) at his place and sent them to me. I recorded my tracks (drums, bass, keys) in my studio, where I do all the editing, mixing, and mastering. We're hoping to start recording Martin's tracks in my studio as well, but the next EF album will probably be done the same way that the current one was.

Anyway, if you're interested in doing some recording, shoot me an email at mail@unforsaken.ca and we'll chat about it.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:57 am

Alldat:
Yeah, I'll send you a mix again when I get a chance. I've probably still got the email I sent you before sitting in my "sent items" box, so I might just re-send it as is. Give me a couple of days on that... the baby's due date was today (Wednesday), so she could be coming any second now. Smile Making life very hectic right now... Smile

What's the model of your digital recorder? I'll look it up and see if I can manage to figure out the instructions for you. At the very least, you could do a mixdown of each individual track... that should ONLY take you about six or seven years to get it all to me that way! Very Happy LOL!

Yvonne:
I like to help wherever I can as God leads me to where He wants me to help.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:23 am

Hope everything goes well with the baby, Thomas. My sister is due on Saturday, and we had our own 10 weeks ago so we can appreciate how hectic things get. But kids are great fun even if they do tire you out something chronic! The first couple of weeks you run on adrenaline, after that things settle down nicely. I only had six hours sleep in the first three/four days when Hannah was born, but you don't really notice at the time.

Loved EF's first album, Martin's style isn't what I like (I'm power metal, clean vocal fan) but he did it very well and I was very impressed with it.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 am

When there's something I can do to encourage musicians let me know.

Thomas, hope the baby will come soon.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Quote :
What's the model of your digital recorder? I'll look it up and see if I
can manage to figure out the instructions for you. At the very least,
you could do a mixdown of each individual track... that should ONLY take
you about six or seven years to get it all to me that way!

Korg D3200

Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey Fundy! Good to see you again after so long!
About EF: Well, style notwithstanding, if you were impressed with the first EF album, DEFINITELY check this one out! Have a listen to the singles...
http://www.soundclick.com/unforsakenproductions

About the baby: Yeah, been losing sleep already in preparation! Smile Due date
was last Wednesday, so if she's not born in the next couple of days, my
wife goes in to be induced this Wednesday.

Alldat: OK, I'll look into it when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Thomas wrote:

About the baby: Yeah, been losing sleep already in preparation! Smile Due date
was last Wednesday, so if she's not born in the next couple of days, my
wife goes in to be induced this Wednesday.

Praying everything goes will with the baby.....and yes you can kiss a goodnights sleep goodbye for a little while.

Laughing

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:37 am

Hey Staybrite... you changed your picture... I didn't recognize you! Razz

Thanks so much for the prayers! I deeply appreciate it!

As for sleep... give me about a month, and I'm sure the little quote in your signature will be my life motto! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
A thing of the past.....?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 am

Thomas, let us know when the baby is born please.
The first weeks the baby need food at night and keeps you awake when he/she needs food.
After some weeks it goes much better.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Quote :
...let us know when the baby is born please.
Will do!
Quote :
...he/she...
SHE, in this case. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???   Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has it REALLY been TWO YEARS since I've been here???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2