For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any Blackball fans here?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 20313
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Any Blackball fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:23 pm

I was loading all of my Precious Death stuff on my Zune today and I really liked their funkier side. How did the Blackball stuff compare to that? I know it was essentially the same band with a different guitarist. Does anyone have these? What are your thoughts?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20136
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 am

Gotta confess I never heard of them

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:58 am

Like I said, they were Precious Death until they changed guitarists and the sound. They went in a more alternative direction and changed the name.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:42 am

I loved the first Blackball and the s/t Precious Death...i listened to them nonstop for couple of years, the 2nd Blackball was okay, but by the time I got it I wasn't really into it. I need to pull those albums out it's been awhile...the one song "If You Were Mine" (title?) was awesome...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15419
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15419
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:42 am

Thanks for posting this song.
I think I like the Blackballs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Cool tune, it does sound substantially different than Precious Death's first few albums (not that P.D. ever stuck to one sound). It's got a good hook and sounds very much like the 90's angst driven alternative radio stuff (that was really popular in the 90's).

icon_red

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:01 pm

You can get them cheap /used on Amazon.com...thanks for reminding me of them I've been rocking out all day...their facebook has unreleased stuff too...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 pm

I need to check out their stuff for sure. I have never heard PD's 3rd album until recently and like it. It reminds me of their first release "Southpaw". Oddly, I prefer that to "If You Must".

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:31 am

I am ordering several older used CDs from Amazon. I am getting one Blackball CD for 84 cents and the second for $1.99. The shipping will cost more than the CD. I can't even buy the download for this!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Good deal!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:12 pm

I actually orders 2 Blackball CDs, one Precious Death, and two Blindside CDs and only spent $20. Now that's the way to buy music!

Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Blackball is pretty decent stuff, yeah. I saw them live at c-stone '97 and they were a lot of fun. I do prefer Precious Death a little, but "Superheavydreamscape" is good for an occasional listen. I only just got the 2nd Blackball recently, so I haven't dug into it much yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Blackball fans here?   Any Blackball fans here? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Blackball fans here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: