Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ashes Remain - What I've Become

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Ashes Remain - What I've Become Empty
PostSubject: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:43 pm

They're having a listening Party over at JesusFreakHideout.com for Ashes Remains' new album! Here's the link:

Ashes Remain Listening Party

This is one fantastic album! A couple songs sound like they could have fit right in on the Comatose album by Skillet (in a good way). While it does sound like they are a bit more radio friendly than their first album, I think it was good for them. While there are still guitar solos sprinkled throughout the album, it doesn't sound as featured as it was on Last Day Breathing. Overall, a pretty solid album!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh man I gotta go check this out right now, but sadly I have a seminar at lunch...oh well I guess it will just have to wait.

Looking forward to this as they are one of my favorite modern rock bands.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:36 pm

I like this, but they seem like they have become a bit more generic with this. This could easily be Decyfer Down or Red. They have somewhat lost their distinctiveness.

I'll still probably get this, though.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 am

Ok so I finally got a chance to listen to this and I must say I am a little disappointed. This band has grown to sound almost nothing like their earlier work. They are still very talented, and the music is pretty darn good. But I get the feeling I am listening to a Kutless album (at least it is a very good Kutless album). I still like it, but they are moving in a more generic (almost formulaic) sound. The song "End of Me" sounded most like the band I remember (very cool tune). I will likely still get the album, but I'm not nearly as excited about it as I was a few months ago when I first heard they were releasing an album this year.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Listening now to the samples.
Sound very good.
I only hope there's an other place where I can order this CD than via Christianbook.
Downloaded an EP from Ashes Remain last year.
I'm suprised this CD sound so good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Quote :
I only hope there's an other place where I can order this CD than via Christianbook.

What's wrong with Christianbook?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 am

It takes so very long before I have the ordered CDs.
That's my problem to order the new ashes Remain at Christianbook.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 pm

I doubt either of you still have your Emusic accounts, but the new Ashes Remains is $6.99 at Emusic.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:27 pm

My eMusic account is still active and I have gotten more $$ to spend there for free.
I will download the new Ashes Remain CD.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Very cool. I am going to download it too, but I have to wait until my credit resets in a few weeks.

ProgPariah77

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:54 am

Based on the samples, it sounds to me like this new one is lacking in dynamic contrast and stylistic variety compared to "Last Day Breathing." I'll be downloading that one ASAP, but the new one I'll need to hear a few more times before I make a decision.

Just MO ...

Peace,
Rob What a Face

UPDATE: Well, in spite of my concerns, I ended up downloading both albums (plus an EP) ... there's a lot to like with this band. ;^)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:53 am

I like the songs, but they do sound exactly like some of my aforementioned bands. On the softer songs, they sound exactly like Kutless.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Some songs remind me to Kutless too.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:47 am

I can't download the Ashes Remain album on eMusic.
This is nor available for my part of the world.
Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 3:31 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I can't download the Ashes Remain album on eMusic.
This is nor available for my part of the world.
Bummer.

I'm sorry to hear that, bummer indeed.

PostSubject: Re: Ashes Remain - What I've Become   Ashes Remain - What I've Become I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashes Remain - What I've Become
Page 1 of 1