Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting rid of used movies

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
Staybrite
nazpastor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Getting rid of used movies Empty
PostSubject: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:43 pm

So what do you do with movies you don't want to keep any longer. I don't have anywhere locally to try to get rid of some and I can't really find any decent prices for them online. So what do you guys do with them?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 pm

We took a lot of the to Half-Priced Books and turned them in for credit.

If is just one or two movies we usually just give them away.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:34 pm

The movies I have are one or two.
We rent most movies.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:45 pm

http://www.swapadvd.com

If, after several months of not being able to swap, I throw them in the trash.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:14 pm

What I couldn't sell on Amazon, I gave to friends/family and the Goodwill.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:49 am

Well, I just have one set that I am wanting to get rid of. I bought the "Back to the Future" blu-ray trilogy and decided I don't care for it at all. It came with all three movies, along with the digital copies. I hate to just dump them somewhere and I was looking for a good way to get something of value for the set.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:33 am

I can understand that. However, you have to remember that when you buy DVDs or CDs that they are not an investment. You might get your money out of them, but most times you will take a loss. I've started trying to give away CDs that I don't want just to get them to someone who will appreciate them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm

With the exception of the Pixar films (and few others) I have almost completely quit buying movies. We usually just reserve stuff we want to see at the library. If it turns out to be something we absolutely love, we will then go out and buy it.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:26 pm

We just stream everything from Netflix to our Roku player. Quality's as good as a dvd and it's instant, "scratch"-free, and convenient.

As far as Back to the future trilogy, I'm a big fan, love the movies and all the details in the writing.... however, I'm very disappointed that Marty has to keep exclaiming Jesus' name over and over when he's shocked... ruined it for me. So I wanted to copy it from tv when it came on... they left the blasphemy in, even on tv !! what's become of this nation ? I finally edited my own version cutting out the parts I don't want to hear.

Sheesh !
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
We just stream everything from Netflix to our Roku player. Quality's as good as a dvd and it's instant, "scratch"-free, and convenient.

As far as Back to the future trilogy, I'm a big fan, love the movies and all the details in the writing.... however, I'm very disappointed that Marty has to keep exclaiming Jesus' name over and over when he's shocked... ruined it for me. So I wanted to copy it from tv when it came on... they left the blasphemy in, even on tv !! what's become of this nation ? I finally edited my own version cutting out the parts I don't want to hear.

Sheesh !

thats what the TVG is for!

http://www.tvdefender.com/

Lots of movies are ruined due to excessive and pointless language.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I saw one of those in a Christian bookstore years ago... does it really work ? I'm kind of a skeptic that it would work all that great.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:28 pm

I have an older model and it works reasonably well. Its not perfect, but the new models out not are supposed to work much better.

Some of the captions substitutions on my model are quite funny sometimes!
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 am

We had a TV Guardian on our old TV. When we got an HDTV last Christmas, we did not upgrade to the HD version of the Guardian. It does not work on Blu-Ray's at all, and that is primarily what I watch anymore.

The language overall in the Back to the Future movie was why I don't want them. I don't like language in any movie, but I can tolerate the occasional word in them. When we got the blu-rays and started to watch Back to the Future 1, I couldn't believe how many curse words were present. I never saw the movie other than on TV and much of the profanity is cut, though not all of it. I like the idea and storyline, but couldn't watch past about 20 minutes of the movie before I just gave up and shut it off.

I don't buy a ton of movies, but the ones I have been getting are the superhero movies and animated movies. Most of my purchases I really like, and this was just a set that I was looking to get rid of and can't really find a good place to trade it in. Amazon is giving $10 for the set and that is the best I have seen on a price. I guess I will just hold onto it and see if the price goes up.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 am

You could try listing it on Local Sales Network and see if anyone buys it.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:59 am

May I suggest something that might not be a popular suggestion ?

Ok I will anyway Smile - Trash them ! I've trashed lots of movies and music I bought over the years cuz of the inapropriate content. I'd rather lose a few bucks than put that trash in someone elses hands.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Staybrite wrote:
We usually just reserve stuff we want to see at the library. If it turns out to be something we absolutely love, we will then go out and buy it.

That is pretty much what I do. If I am interested in it I will get it thru Netflix. Then if I really like it I may decide to buy.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Ahlitah wrote:

That is a good idea for those who can hear,but what about the ones that can't and have to use closed captions/Subtitles. Then they end up reading it.

This is one reason I like a lot of scifi/fantasy stuff as they don't use that kind of language.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Ahlitah wrote:

That is a good idea for those who can hear,but what about the ones that can't and have to use closed captions/Subtitles. Then they end up reading it.

This is one reason I like a lot of scifi/fantasy stuff as they don't use that kind of language.

it changes the captions as well. so you don't end up reading it!
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:00 am

Also you can try using

http://www.goozex.com

or help me using my referral link! (I get 1 free trade, after you make your first trade)

http://www.goozex.com/referral.asp?idr=6134876405645

to trade it in for points and using those for another movie you want!

my experience at this site has been mostly positive.

Seems this boxset is 'wanted' on the site
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Feel free to send ALL of your unwanted dvd's to me. PM me for my address.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of used movies   Getting rid of used movies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of used movies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: