Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper Poll

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters

What's your favorite Stryper Tribute
Stryper Sweet Tribute
Stryper Poll I_vote_lcap0%Stryper Poll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Isaiah 53-5 - A Tribute to Stryper
Stryper Poll I_vote_lcap0%Stryper Poll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Guardian -The Yellow and Black Attack is Back
Stryper Poll I_vote_lcap100%Stryper Poll I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:16 pm

And tell us WHY your choice is the best
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Ok, I picked the Guardian album mostly because of the style.
I have to confess that I haven't even heard the "Stryper Sweet Tribute" album, but the "Isaiah 53-5" album was mostly alternative bands covering an 80's metal band.....didn't really work IMO.

Staybrite

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Strike that, it was the Sweet Family Tribute album that I heard....not the Isaiah one

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:03 am

I haven't listend to none of the Stryper Tributes.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:40 am

I went with Guardian too. However, the Isaiah compilation is a very close 2nd, as there are some excellent tribs on it. The Sweet Family comp is a horrid mish-mosh of unintelligible noise... too harsh ? Nahhh, it stinks !

I really love the Nailed song on Isaiah -To Hell with the Devil. That sucker rocks !
But the Guardian trib is such an original idea and the execution is excellent. Kinda takes the glam outta the Y&B Attack and changes it up to a more raw rock album.
My vote's for Guardian.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:53 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I really love the Nailed song on Isaiah -To Hell with the Devil. That sucker rocks !
But the Guardian trib is such an original idea and the execution is excellent. Kinda takes the glam outta the Y&B Attack and changes it up to a more raw rock album.
My vote's for Guardian.

I might have to track down the Isaish one, it also has Blood N Fire covering Surrender (most of the rest of the bands I have never heard of).

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:36 pm

I gotta vote Guardian for all the reasons G/F mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Guardian by a mile. They were faithful to the originals while also making it sound like their own. If these songs weren't so immediately recognizable as Stryper's first record, it would sound like a Guardian demo. The other Stryper tributes didn't interest me at all. I still listen to this Guardian tribute now!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:43 pm

I can be honest that I don't really like any of them. While Guardian was much more true to the original, it just seemed so lame to cover a band's full EP. I never could get into it because of that and ended up trading it off somewhere along the way.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Guardian by a country mile, although Isaiah had a few cool songs. Disciple smoked it on More Than A Man, and I bough Blood 'n' Fire's Mr. Intersession after hearing them on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stryper Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper Poll   Stryper Poll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper Poll
Page 1 of 1