Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great "Come Back" Albums

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Fundy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Great "Come Back" Albums Empty
PostSubject: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:03 am

When I mean 'come back' I mean either when a band reforms, or if they've been doing some not very good albums for a while then all of a sudden they produce a storming album that puts them right back on the map.

What bands (and albums) does everyone think are the great come back ones?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 am

I'll go first Wink

Petra - Jeykll And Hyde

This album was awesome. I couldn't believe how heavy it was and is right up there with my favourite Petra albums.

They released "No Doubt" in the 90's and that album was okay, but far from their best.

Then came God Fixation which to my mind is their worst full album as it was too modern and pop orientated for my liking. I also think the fact that Bob wasn't involved in the band as a player anymore seemed to make a difference too.

Then came Petra's worst album in their entire career (in my opinion that is) which is the dog that is Double Take. They redid lots of classic songs and just made them worse. It was at that point that I thought Petra had totally lost the plot of where they had come from.

Next came Revival which I was moderately pleased with. Yes it wasn't Petra in sound but it was a good Worship album, and for that alone I thought it was a nice and calm edition to my Petra collection.

Then came Jeykll And Hyde. WOW! What a turn around. From 3 or 4 not great albums to one of their best ever. An album right up there with On Fire and Beyond Belief. Lots of heavy guitars, lots of loud singing and some great lyrics too. This album really was a great come back album for Petra. Unfortunately they decided to call it a day after it came out, which was a huge shame as they could have carried on in that style for ages (maybe with a couple of solo's and longer songs too!)

Farewell was one of the best live albums I have heard, so it was good to go out on a high.

Well done Petra

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:07 am

Worst comeback moment: Saint's "Perfect Life" EP

This EP came out and ha a lot of people excited about the return of Saint. While there were a couple of good tracks on it, most of it was too alternative sounding for their fanbase. Also, the drumming sounds like it was done by a cheesy drum machine--which I believe it was! It was their lowest point and the worst comeback for this group.

BEST COMEBACK MOMENT: Saint's "In The Battle". A complete return to form for Saint with the band coming back together as a full unit. This album proved to the naysayers that Saint still had the rock inside and could still melt faces. Since this point, they have consistently put out strong albums. (Well, except for the original "Crime Scene Earth")

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:15 am

Completely agree with you Alldat. I love In The Battle, and then the rerecording of Warrior Of The Son was the icing on the cake. Loved the sound of the updated version (much better than the original to my ears)

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Totally agree with both of your picks (Petra & Saint).
Having a difficult time thinking of any others. There are several bands that are supposed to be poised to release "comeback albums" any time now buuuuut......

(Sacred Warrior, Bloodgood, Barren Cross.......etc)

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:54 am

I would agree with Saint. Here's a few others...

Barren Cross - Atomic Arena
Ken Tamplin - Wake The Nations
Deliverance - As Above So Below
Stryper - Reborn (I know its panned by many, but I like it!)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned X-Sinner's recent stuff. Its not been my cup o' tea, but it seems most others have loved their comeback albums.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:35 pm

The Swedish superstar band Blindside just released an album this past week called "With Shivering Hearts We Wait". Their last album, The Great Depression, was a major change in styles and left a bad taste in the mouths of many of their fans (myself included). This new album, however, was a MAJOR comeback album for them. After 5 long years of no word from the band, it was a triumphant return to their old hard rock sound, passionate lyrics, and unique brand of rock. If you've never heard of them, here's a couple songs from the album:

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Bride's "This Is It" wasn't bad after the stuff they'd been putting out.
Titanic's "Full Steam Ahead" was AMAZING. I consider it a comeback because it has a different feel from the first two albums.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 am

Quote :
Barren Cross - Atomic Arena

Didn't you mean "Rattle Your Cage"? With "Atomic Arena", the band was still playing live and were still under their contract with Enigma.

Quote :
Bride's "This Is It" wasn't bad after the stuff they'd been putting out.

I definitely wouldn't call this a comeback either as Bride has been putting music out for many decades. Sure, there may be gaps in between some of their releases, but they have never retired or completely disbanded. I think of "This Is It" as more of a return to form than anything.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:11 pm

I did mean "a return to form" re: Bride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great "Come Back" Albums   Great "Come Back" Albums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great "Come Back" Albums
Page 1 of 1