Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian Rock Legends

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Christian Rock Legends Empty
PostSubject: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 11:04 pm

I just discovered a new website called Christian Rock Legends that is dedicated to celbrating outstanding achievements in the Christian rock and roll music genre. Please be sure to check it out: http://www.christianrocklegends.com/

Real interesting site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:18 am

Nice concept but it will be pretty bare for a long time since they just started with 0 and will only add 7 per year. I think it would be better to do a mass induction to get the ball rolling.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:47 pm

Sounds as if it could be promising. I will have to check it out when I have some free time (maybe December)
Tongue

gslink

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:47 pm

I appreciate you guys dropping by our website. We are very excited about what the Lord is going to do with this ministry and look forward to the next few months.
We have had many answers to prayer so far including the addition of some key Circle of Honor Committee Members like Andy from AngelicWarlord.com and Doug Van Pelt of HM Mag.
I'll give your idea some thought, topshot. I want there to be a balance between getting the first bands in the COH and putting everyone in all at once and then not having any to do the next year, etc.
We decided to do it in "waves" to also keep many age groups interested instead of doing it strictly by chronology.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrocklegends.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:55 pm

gslink wrote:

We have had many answers to prayer so far including the addition of some key Circle of Honor Committee Members like Andy from AngelicWarlord.com and Doug Van Pelt of HM Mag.

Both very good additions.

Thanks for stopping by gslink and welcome to the board (don't be a stranger). Feel free to stop by and keep us aprised of updates.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:15 am

Welcome gslink to CHM.
We like it to see you here.
Back to top Go down
gslink

gslink

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:14 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. The first induction group should be announced next week. We had a delay as Doug had HM deadlines to complete. We are hoping to have a big induction banquet each year as this things picks up steam but this year, I'd be happy to get an email from the inductees. Smile
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:04 pm

I wouldn't induct the majority the first year. I'd think 3 years worth (21) would be the minimum to make your site worth visiting more than once unless you're doing something else to draw people back.

gslink

gslink

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:48 pm

Thanks topshot. The committee is in the middle of voting for two of the waves this weekend and hopefully we'll have all of the waves done shortly. We added a "Jesus Movement" wave as well to handle some of the oddball 60's bands that we felt needed honoring.
As far as drawing people back, we do have an active forum as well as articles, events, giveaways, polls, and other items that we hope will keep Christian Rock fans informed and connected.
Back to top Go down
gslink

gslink

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am

The voting is in! We decided this first year to induct 3 from each category instead of 2 and 2 Lifetime Achievement awards instead of 1. Here are the winners:

Jesus Movement ('65-'75)
Larry Norman
Phil Keaggy
Second Chapter of Acts

First Wave ('75-'85)
Resurrection Band
Daniel Amos
Randy Stonehill

Second Wave ('85-'95)
Stryper
Petra
Tourniquet

Third Wave ('95-'05)
dc Talk
P.O.D.
Jars of Clay

Lifetime Achievement
Elefante Brothers
Charlie Peacock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rock Legends   Christian Rock Legends I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Rock Legends
Page 1 of 1