Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

gniksam sdrawkcaB

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

gniksam sdrawkcaB Empty
PostSubject: gniksam sdrawkcaB   gniksam sdrawkcaB I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey Y'all. A few days ago, Bill Menchen, myself and a few other fans were having a talk about backwards masking in Bill's music. I'd brought up the article on Tim Gaines's blog (link) about "Sing Along Song" and suggested that we try a few out.

Well, after a few trials, we found some interesting stuff in "Baptized In Blood", "Ocean Of Blood", "Dominion And Power" and "Shovel The Coal" which was interesting.

A HUGE thread was written here: link (note that the links for songs have expired a while ago)

I found the most interesting message in Ocean Of Blood:
"Full of truth - He who is born" at 0:10

Anyone else have stories about back masking?
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

gniksam sdrawkcaB Empty
PostSubject: Re: gniksam sdrawkcaB   gniksam sdrawkcaB I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Wow, very interesting stuff!! (Yep, I read the entire thread lol) Kinda makes me curious to see what's in some of the music in MY collection. Haha
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

gniksam sdrawkcaB Empty
PostSubject: Re: gniksam sdrawkcaB   gniksam sdrawkcaB I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm

A lot of what is called "Back Masking" is phony. If some of the sites "documenting" this phenomenon were not feeding you what they said, it would be unintelligible mush. While there are some instances of real back masking, most of the bands are upfront about it, and you can hear the reversed sounding voices while playing the disc backwards.

I don't put much stock in this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

gniksam sdrawkcaB Empty
PostSubject: Re: gniksam sdrawkcaB   gniksam sdrawkcaB I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:09 pm

For me, it's not so much as "Lets see what the bands have put in their music that they didn't want us to know about", but rather "Let's see what it sounds like backwards and see if anything purely incidental turns up".
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

gniksam sdrawkcaB Empty
PostSubject: Re: gniksam sdrawkcaB   gniksam sdrawkcaB I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:12 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
For me, it's not so much as "Lets see what the bands have put in their music that they didn't want us to know about", but rather "Let's see what it sounds like backwards and see if anything purely incidental turns up".

That's kind of what we did with the Bill Menchen music.
Back to top Go down

gniksam sdrawkcaB Empty
PostSubject: Re: gniksam sdrawkcaB   gniksam sdrawkcaB I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:32 pm

I think it's bogus, start to finish. I don't hear anything in the Stryper song. The only backwards masking are things that were deliberately done that way.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

gniksam sdrawkcaB Empty
PostSubject: Re: gniksam sdrawkcaB   gniksam sdrawkcaB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:27 am

Discussions on Back Masking always lead to Zeppelin's Stairway, and esp ELO's Eldorado.

IMO from what I've heard (with or w/out the suggestions), it's quite strange how song lyrics that call into doubt God's truth are the lyrics that, played backwards, have a fairly clear anti-Christian message.
I've heard many examples that I thought were definitely stretching it... but there are some that are very clear and too coincidental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKYxVfVRqkA&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BylzO6yU1SA&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gniksam sdrawkcaB Empty
PostSubject: Re: gniksam sdrawkcaB   gniksam sdrawkcaB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gniksam sdrawkcaB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: