Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

12 Stones

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

12 Stones Empty
PostSubject: 12 Stones   12 Stones I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:03 pm

I found out they're recording a new album as we speak! They've already finished recording instruments and are just now recording vocals. Also, I heard a couple years ago they don't embrace the "Christian" label, but they are glad they are accepted by the Christian market. But when I went to their myspace, they are labeled as Alternative/Christian/Rock. Does anyone know anything I don't? Anyway, I'm very optimistic about a new album. I loved the songs on the EP they released early this year, "The Only Easy Day is Yesterday". It sounded more like the hard and edgy sound they had on their debut than the past two albums. Here's a couple songs from the EP:

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

12 Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones   12 Stones I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Random note, but I found out they have a bunch of demos on youtube that they never released. Here's one the makes pretty obvious Paul is a Christian. I wish they still wrote stuff like this...

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

12 Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones   12 Stones I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:02 pm

This interview with Paul McCoy kind of answered my question. It's a pretty good read if you have some time to kill.

http://www.prophetnewz.com/12stonesinterview.html
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

12 Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones   12 Stones I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:21 am

I read most of the interview and I do see where he is coming from. At the same time, we have been duped by so called Christian bands like Evanescence that just wanted to be sold in multiple markets but weren't really all about Jesus at all. It was the money they were after, you know? So, this kind of thinking as to whether a band is "Christian" or not kind of goes with the territory.

Also, I may not hire a plumber or electrician who is a Christian. But, I am not exactly expecting them to share a message. They don't really have a public platform. If the water is coming up from my toilet, then they make it go down.

With entertainers, however, you have a platform. There are some entertainers who use their platform to really tell people about Jesus. There are others who want the message to be there, but more subtly. Then, there are others who really make art for the art's sake and could care less who they reach. It's "just entertainment" to them.

The problem I see isn't about how many JPM's you have in your music. What I see as a problem is that people do hang on what you say as an entertainer because they are looking for hope. If you take that too lightly, then you can definitely influence people negatively.

While 12 Stones may not be an evangelical band, they do need to consider that if people are looking for hope in their music, then they need to be ready to give it. If some of the members are Christians, then they do need to be sure that their faith is obvious from time to time so that their source of hope is seen. If not, they can be giving impressionable kids a wrong message and damaging them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

12 Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones   12 Stones I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:23 am

Quote :
we have been duped by so called Christian bands like Evanescence that just wanted to be sold in multiple markets but weren't really all about Jesus at all.

*Cough* Family Force 5 *Cough*
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

12 Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones   12 Stones I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:55 pm

I agree witht the above, but Christians also try to claim a band as a Christian band when the bands never have. Examples: U2, Kings X, Galactic cowboys, Balance of Power etc..
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

12 Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones   12 Stones I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:26 pm

alldat =
12 Stones Thumbs-up

I esp like this line:
Quote :
If the water is coming up from my toilet, then they make it go down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

12 Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones   12 Stones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12 Stones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: