Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An important Stryper message.

Go down 
+4
Cliffy
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

An important Stryper message.  Empty
PostSubject: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:18 pm

After the release of The Covering (februari 2011) many people were wondering what about the Christian identity of the band ?. Stryper issued the following message.

There are still those who have been questioning if Stryper is still a Christian band and if we are still Christians.

If I need to respond to such an absurd question then I guess it is what it is. Despite what we sound like, look like, sing like, play like, walk like, eat like, smell like and anything else that comes to mind, we believe that Jesus died for our sins and that through Him and Him alone we are saved. We believe in The Word of God and we do our best to live according to it's words. We put our trust and faith in Him and Him alone. If that's not good enough for certain people then it never will be. It's good enough for God and quite frankly, that's all we care about. We could care less about what some judgmental, fanatical, over the top people say about our hearts (which by the way they know nothing about). We shake our heads in astonishment when we are asked questions like this. It's hard to believe, even after almost 28 years of ministry and millions of people who's lives have been changed by the power of Christ through the music and message of Stryper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Now if I could only convince some fundie loons on Facebook of this. It's like a dog chasing its own tail...a wasted exercise. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:49 pm

Demolition Man wrote:
Now if I could only convince some fundie loons on Facebook of this. It's like a dog chasing its own tail...a wasted exercise. Rolling Eyes

That, my dear friend is why I no longer have a facebook account. I much prefer forums like this one, where you can be yourself and not be judged!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:15 pm

I don't try to convince anyone on this issue. Stryper is Stryper. Their lyrics stand for themselves.

I'm not real crazy over the new album, but most of these songs were not meaningful to me when I was younger. Well, that or the meaning has worn off after all these years. It might be different for others.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 am

I like that article - is that Michael speaking ?
Back to top Go down
Cliffy

Cliffy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I'm not real crazy over the new album...It might be different for others.

It is for me...I'm stone cold crazy over this new album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:55 pm

For me the same about the new Stryper.
I haven't ordered this CD.
Will wait till there comes a new Stryper CD with new songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Cliffy wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:20 am

Demolition Man wrote:
Cliffy wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

+1

+2...oh, I went there Wink
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:24 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
Demolition Man wrote:
Cliffy wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

+1

+2...oh, I went there Wink

+3

But I gotta confess I will probably be more keyed up over an album worth of all new material in the same vein as "God".

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:39 pm

So it's + 3 and - 2?
Three like it and two are not very fond?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Doesn't matter what the final tally is--this album smokes!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:55 am

What I like so very much on CHM is that we accept each other. I can't remember we have had an argue or fighting here.
We accept it when other members have an other music choice or think different about bands or Cds.
That's cool ... very cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:57 pm

I agree. That's why I like this place much better than the CMR. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:44 am

As strange as it may seem ,not only do I not have this disc yet,but I haven't even heard any of the songs yet.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Hardkore wrote:
As strange as it may seem ,not only do I not have this disc yet,but I haven't even heard any of the songs yet.

affraid

I got it about 3 weeks after it was released, and I thought I was the last one!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:30 pm

On the talent end, the album is incredible - better than any tribute albums I've ever heard.
On the lyrical end, the album is innocuous - neither Christian nor secular. It seems as though the songs collectively show someone seeking for truth, meaning, and answers from the Eternal, culminating in the song "God".

My opinion is that it's a great work by a great band and spiritually, it may just be a bridge for some who would never listen to "Christian" rock.

I have spoken.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:34 pm

On a curious note: let's talk about the album art.

Is it me or is the art depicting a fallen angel ? Is my interpretation wrong ?

An important Stryper message.  1214str
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

affraid

I got it about 3 weeks after it was released, and I thought I was the last one!

Since I am off tonight and it is on my mind now,I will see about going to FYE and/or Best Buy to see if it is in.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:25 am

I really like the new album. Yes, I'm not into secular songs, but they've done them really well. Love Shout It Out Loud, Heaven And Hell and Over The Mountain. But what I'm really looking forward to is a new album in the vein of God!

Rock On!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An important Stryper message.    An important Stryper message.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An important Stryper message.
Page 1 of 1