Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nightmare Records

Go down 
+6
Follower of Jesus
topshot rhit
ProgPariah77
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011 - 10:34

Just wondering if anyone here knows whether Nightmare Records is exclusively Christian production, or do they work with secular artists as well ?

Reason is, I got an album from Rhapsody a few years back in the "Christian Rock" category - a band called "Pownd" - they rock ! But nothing on the internet says they're a Christian band, and what lyrics I can understand seem a little vague.

Know anything about Nightmare Records and/or Pownd ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23466
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011 - 10:49

While Nightmare is owned by a Christian, they do not work exclusively with Christian acts. Many of their bands might be clean, but they aren't necessarily making art with a Christian worldview. Some of the bands get into some new-age beliefs. on their website, you have to look under the White Metal category, and even then that's not always correct.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011 - 14:30

There is a ton of stuff on the Nightmare label that is not Christian.
I had a demo (quite sometime back) with a Pownd single on it and remembered thinking it was really cool. I listened to a few of their myspace songs and IIRC I thought some of the lyrics were questionable......so I passed.
All that to say I am pretty certain Pownd is not a Christian band.

ProgPariah77

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011 - 18:15

Might be interesting for someone (and no, sorry - I'm not volunteering! Laughing) to research the bands on the Nightmare label and find out which are closest to a Christ-centered world-view ...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 9:45

Great info ! Thanks guys ! Had my doubts, just wanted to be sure
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 10:28

ProgPariah77 wrote:
Might be interesting for someone (and no, sorry - I'm not volunteering! Laughing) to research the bands on the Nightmare label and find out which are closest to a Christ-centered world-view ...

We'd like to volunteer you for that job, though! You Rock Amen Thumbs Up

I agree

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 14:39

alldatndensum wrote:
ProgPariah77 wrote:

We'd like to volunteer you for that job, though! You Rock Amen Thumbs Up

I agree

Sounds like a plan to me............you da man PP. afro

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 19:09

Unfortunately (according to FBook), Lance King does not claim Christ any more, listing his faith as "Jedi." Which led me to bailing on the whole Nightmare Records thing.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 20:34

Demolition Man wrote:
Unfortunately (according to FBook), Lance King does not claim Christ any more, listing his faith as "Jedi." Which led me to bailing on the whole Nightmare Records thing.

Oh man that's not good.

ProgPariah77

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011 - 0:01

OK, OK, I'll do it ...

Demolition Man wrote:

There ya go - research DONE!

cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 10:55

I hadn't heard that. I had never taken him for a strong Christian, but this is rather disturbing news unless he's just trying to be funny perhaps.

Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 11:19

I saw Nightmare going hard secular long before Lance publicly abandoned Christianity. It started as a Christian label but quickly morphed into something else entirely. I think, now, I'd avoid it completely for reasons others have stated above.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 15:16

Demolition Man wrote:

scratch

Seriously? Weird.

Most of what is on Nightmare is still "safe" lyrically, unless you're hyper-sensitive to anything that isn't blatantly proclaiming Christ or espousing a Christian worldview. If that's the case, crawl back into your boxes and enjoy your sheltered lives there Smile

For those of us that like good hard rock and metal by bands that are generally lyrically benign, we'll still be digging the bulk of the Nightmare catalog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 20:45

Quote :
Lance publicly abandoned Christianity.

When did he publicly abandon Christianity? I agree that maybe he was doing that just to be funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 3:50

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I saw Nightmare going hard secular long before Lance publicly abandoned Christianity. It started as a Christian label but quickly morphed into something else entirely. I think, now, I'd avoid it completely for reasons others have stated above.

I was very perturbed when I picked up the Pyramaze discs a few years ago, all the F-bombs in the liner notes. While I don't expect LK to control every word that comes from the mouths of his "artists," I did expect a certain degree of decency from them. For a professing Christian artist to promote this stuff, sent off all sorts of red flags for me. I ended up selling the discs and removed all of LK's stuff from my iTunes.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 7:09

To be honest, I was never a fan of Lance's voice. I had the first couple of Balance Of Power discs and ended up getting rid of them. I just never got into them.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 12:20

I have gotten rid of most of the Lance King albums I had as well, just because his voice seemed to get old really quick (at least to me). I still have (and really like) the Shining Star album he did, but all of the Balance of Power and that single Defyance album he did are all on my "trade list".

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 22:03

don't crucify the guy because you don't care for his art..... a lot of what his label puts out isn't that good if you ask me.... with a few exceptions... Myrath, Edgend and maybe a few others....

however just because his faith profession doesn't fit your expectations.... get over it...

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 22:47

Prisoner of Pride remains to be one of my favorite songs by Lance.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011 - 1:48

mr.electric40 wrote:

don't crucify the guy because you don't care for his art..... a lot of what his label puts out isn't that good if you ask me.... with a few exceptions... Myrath, Edgend and maybe a few others....

however just because his faith profession doesn't fit your expectations.... get over it...

I didn't notice that anyone was crucifying him. I just think that most of us thought he was walking with the Lord, and if that's not the case it is certainly no reason to rejoice.

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011 - 3:20

+1
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011 - 7:06

+2 I saw no "crucifixion" of Lance King here, either.

Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar 2011 - 21:28

mr.electric40 wrote:

Not to mention Halcyon Way or the new female-fronted band Clandestine. Awesome stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

Nightmare Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Records   Nightmare Records I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightmare Records
Page 1 of 1